1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I have what seems to be mild/fungi and I’m freaking out!

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Zoologist777, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Zoologist777

Zoologist777 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello everyone, this may be the millionth time this has been posted but it’s my first tarantula and I’m concerned. So today I noticed what seems to be mold growing within my reptisoil substrate. The species is a T. stirmi, and I’m very aware of the husbandry it needs. I’m nervous because I hear people have lost stirmis due to mold growing, please advise me what to do. Some people say to sanitize everything and remove it immediately and others say that it won’t hurt it. Please and thankyou

Attached Files:

2. Mini8leggedfreak

Mini8leggedfreak Arachnopeon Active Member

It doesn’t look hard to get to, id just get it out with a spoon or something like that and try to keep it less moist in the enclosure. I’m not sure just how bad mold is but I try to keep my tanks clean. Better safe than sorry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zoologist777

Zoologist777 Arachnopeon

Thanks bud, I’m not going to lie I’m a bit scared to go in there lol he is a beast!

4. Mini8leggedfreak

Mini8leggedfreak Arachnopeon Active Member

Ohh well if it’s in a hide maybe just block the doorway with something. Idk mold is from extra moisture and not enough ventilation. I had a spot or two in with a couple of my T’s. I don’t think it’s huge but the spiders lungs could get the mold inside and that’s not good so it definitely needs to be kept in check.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marvinxox

Marvinxox Arachnosquire Active Member

Try to get springtails and isopods to eat the mold.
    Just add a bunch of them and they will eat all the mold away. And after that they will eat other fungi, the Ts poop or other things, that you might wanna get rid of.

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

What size tank is that in, how big is your T?