Help!how long does the molting process usually take?

jek

Arachnopeon
I've got a aprox. 3 year old female Vitalius Sorocabae and she's on her first molt since i got her.
5 hours ago she got upside down and she doesn't seem to be coming out.
is this normal? how long does it take for her to finish molting??
Thanx

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Once it hits the 24 hour mark you should start worrying a little bit. 5 hours is nothing. Good luck!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The longest I waited was 11 hours on a B smithi.

PIG-

jek

Arachnopeon
she started to move her legs very slowly...does this mean somehing??

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats, isnt it an amazing thing to really think about and watch? I always get excited whenever one of my tarantulas molts and i catch them in the act.
-Nate

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love watching the molts, although most of my guys don't let me see it. I've had a G. rosea take over 12 hours for a molt and then the same spider did it in less than 5

jek

Arachnopeon
it was awesome to watch the whole process...And I'm glad you guys were here to help me out...I was really worried about her.

She's cool now. only she's kinda agitated...sometimes she moves in circles rapdly.
And shes got two small drops of white liquid in one of the legs...I think it's blood...it doesn't seem to be leaking. It will heal right??

intriqet

Arachnopeon
really cool to see that someone else had posted about this, because i noticed my rosea on her back this morning while getting ready for work. eight hours later shes still in the same spot and it doesn't look like shes actually started molting. roseas require a very dry enviroment so her enclosure is pretty dry. question is do i need to do anything like mist her enclosure so she doesnt end up getting stuck?

intriqet

Arachnopeon
:) well i guess i don't need to worry any more. i threw a red shirt over her tank after i posted that last msg. i just checked it and shes almost done now!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it was awesome to watch the whole process...And I'm glad you guys were here to help me out...I was really worried about her.

She's cool now. only she's kinda agitated...sometimes she moves in circles rapdly.
And shes got two small drops of white liquid in one of the legs...I think it's blood...it doesn't seem to be leaking. It will heal right??
My rosehair seems like shes agitated shortly after molting too. I think they move around in order to strengthen their new exoskeleton.
About what the white liquid, I would definitely keep and eye on that, yours is a younger spider so its less likely to have molting problems. It could be an injury or it may just be something you didn't notice pre-molt because the exoskeleton was too dark