HELP!! green bottle blue tarantula

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
Ok I have a two year old adult Green Bottle blue tarantula, I've had it soince it was a sling, it always has elaborate webs and is really happy but I just noticed recently that his web is GONE or like is dissolved¿? like it's just not there. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I am so scared this is my only tarantula and it's the only thing I love has anyone else ever experienced this?

Attachments

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
A gbb enclosure should look something like this, the exact opposite of what you have.

Your set up is down right terrible to be honest with you. I would add a lot of anchor points and a hide of some sort of I was you

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Usually he has a web that is like huge and he hides in that
You need to create more anchor points for it And it needs more substrate is that the clear bottom of the enclosure at the top of the pic? Try and give it at least an inch or 2.

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Ok I have a two year old adult Green Bottle blue tarantula, I've had it soince it was a sling, it always has elaborate webs and is really happy but I just noticed recently that his web is GONE or like is dissolved¿? like it's just not there. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I am so scared this is my only tarantula and it's the only thing I love has anyone else ever experienced this?
Is it still moving around normally, and eating? If so, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Arterion86

Arachnopeon
Ok, calm down, take a breath. Webbing being buried is not, in and of itself, a problem as far as I know.

As many others have said, your enclusure needs some work for the benefit of the spider. Start with the obvious: more substrate and a hide. These are bare minimums for a terrestrial terrarium. Also, get some anchor points - this will encourage natural webbing behaviour in a GBB.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
(This is directed at everyone, not one specific person)
It's not really in the best interest of the spider to be going after other members here. While I do think many people on here can come off as quite rude and hostile to new members, it's always for the the benefit of the animal. It's spoken out of concern, not malice. It's best to start off here with thick skin, because once you get past the initial gruffness, you learn how well informed and passionate many of the people on here can be. Just put up with the shenanigans for a bit. If you fill this thread with back and forths about each other, you're taking up space that could be spent on helping the OP do what's best for her T.

@Gabby Gordita, the others are right that your enclosure honestly could use quite a bit of improvement. It needs more substrate to prevent injuries/death in a fall (which can and does happen). It also needs anchor points like fake plants and such for a GBB to actually be able to web as effectively as it can. But these are common errors that occur when you come across the wrong sources for care info. Luckily you found this website, which is probably the best source that you'll ever find for all things tarantula.

However, I don't think the less than ideal setup explains the behavior. Sometimes, Ts just seem to redo their enclosures on a whim, or because they're approaching a molt. They may also remove their webbing and leave home if they're a mature male. Those are the only scenarios I can think of, but perhaps people with more experience with GBBs will chime in.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C cyanopubescens should be housed with millions of anchorpoints. I used to place a dry bush inside the tanks when i housed them! Thats besides the point. A novice girl who maybe keep her first tarantula askt for help and was worried. One can inform her in a nice way that her terrarium is wrongly set up and help her in a nice way! That was what i was pointing out! Everyone has been a noob some time!

cold blood

Staff member
MOD NOTE

Play nice and stop the bickering. If you dont have something constructive to say, dont post. Further mod intervention will result in infractions.

Thank you.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have had Ts tear down their webbing and start all over again :)

Some comments must have been deleted before I got here... but I do agree that the enclosure needs some clutter. I stock up on fake plants from the Dollar Store to put in enclosures!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I have had Ts tear down their webbing and start all over again :)

Some comments must have been deleted before I got here... but I do agree that the enclosure needs some clutter. I stock up on fake plants from the Dollar Store to put in enclosures!
Walmart after holidays. ;) usually can get them for a quarter or a dime each

OP spiders will periodically remove webbing, seemingly randomly but i would not get too concenred just because of that. i will say that more anchor points it is less likely to remove ALL the webbing as there will be anchors to kinda separate different sections. They can also make some pretty awesome web tunnel systems with more stuff.

Here are my GBB enclosures. 15498441074452787920866482374216.jpg 15498442381335888732089597460632.jpg 15498442836094044219647540344874.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your T is quite plump, so despite the lack of total cage furniture for such a pretty species you are doing at least 1 thing right-- feeding.

I would definitely give your GBB a larger water dish though and EVERYTHING said by those above me.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
This is one of the species that would definitely benefit from more decor so why not take advantage of it ;) Also keep in mind that lots of apiders in general tear down their webs and remake it, so I wouldn’t worry too much.