HELP!! G. pulchra!!

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just received my G. pulchra, and she was in shock when she arrived, and she seems to have curled up more, and isnt moving as much.
She's in a container on moist paper towel. Im leaving her in a dark place. What else can I do, am I doing the right thing??

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nvm, I think she's dead :( Gonna leave her be, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes the trip is just too much for them.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, im so sad :( The G. pulchra was the one I was looking forward to the most :(

Prewt

Arachnopeon
that sux, I'm sorry. :( What do you think happened? Water, heat or.... :confused:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It wasnt water, since she came in a moist container. And was also in the ICU. I think it may have been heat or handling. She never curled up, she just died on the spot. Didnt take long :(

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So did you recive her like this? Did you contact the breeder or person you got it form. Was it gareenteed to arrive alive? Sorry that happened to you. Getting dead T's in the mail is no fun :mad:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow! mine's got its fangs apart also, weird! Sorry to hear about your little one :(

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She arrived in a state of shock, she was moving a bit, but quickly went downhill.
He is sending me a replacement for her next week though :)

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WhyTeDraGon said:
She arrived in a state of shock, she was moving a bit, but quickly went downhill.
He is sending me a replacement for her next week though :)
My G. aureostraita arrived DOA and the breeder (scottstarantulas) was very nice and shipped me out a new one the next day.
I know its hard but know that stuff happens and I think when T's arrive DOA its an Act of God most of the time.