HELP!!! Female Pokie molting problems

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Came home yesterday to find my 6" female P. regalis on the ground, upright, in her enclosure with her carapace popped. I've been trying to keep the humidity up by spraying last night and this morning before I went to work. When I got home this afternoon she hadn't changed and hasn't gotten any of her legs or fangs out. I've read that this can be a very bad sign and makes aiding her even more difficult. Is there anything I can do??? I really do not want to lose this girl!

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Man, I'm so sorry. There really aren't any ways of helping that don't risk your doing more harm. The best you can do is keep the heat and humidity up and let nature take its course. I wish you and her all the best.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Should I try transferring her to an incubator of some sort or is it too much of a risk to try and move her?

GootyGuy

Arachnopeon
Dont move her. You just gotta wait it out and hope for the best. I went through this with a gooty and was totally freakin out but it worked out in the end. I wish you all the best.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, much appreciated. I'm going to put a small UTH on the tank near where she is and continue misting the enclosure.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your only chance at saving here is to start trying to free her legs. It is a long tedious process that might end in failure, but if you don't try, everything is going to end soon anyway, and that is if she is still alive.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm attempting at helping her get out by freeing her legs- not easy work! While working around her abdomen there's a whitish milky liquid near her spinnerets: is this exuvial fluid or could it mean there's a rupture? I'm leaning more towards the thought that it may be best to euthanize her. Any ideas?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you can't get her free then yes putting her down might be the best option. But Id try everything before doing that!
Can you get a picture?

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have pics, but can't post them. if you go to my myspace they're on there. Also her fangs and chelicerae are completely stuck. I've managed to free 2 of her legs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh man ya that really sucks. I don't think there is anything you can do now. :(

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She beautiful. That really sucks. Good luck with your next one.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So sorry bro, that's just bad luck. I haven't lost anything that I really liked yet, that's horrible.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
WOW, Thats horrible. Im very sorry. I know how you feel. I had a big old 7" female blondi that died that way. I still have her in the freezer..I just cant throw her away :(