help. don't know.

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my versicolor just molted. she was up at the top of her container in her web at a very odd angle moving around during the molt. 10 mins. later i checked back and she was on the bottom. only about 5 inched, but she's on her side almost upside down. she's not moving at all. what should i do to see if she's okay?

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she's very curled up right now. i'm new and this is my first aborheal.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry but that looks like a death curl to me. has it moved at all. you may want to raise the humidity a bit . I don't know it may be too late

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
did you say she JUST molted?
Hopefully she didn't fall down, since they are so fragile during the process.
Is she moving at all? You might want to put her in an ICU container if she hasn't moved for a couple hours. I wouldn't do it unless I was pretty certain she wasn't going to make it on her own. If you think she's going anyway, it won't hurt.
If you don't know how to make an ICU, take a deli cup, put moist paper towels in the bottom, and put her somewhere dark and warm.
She may need moisture, but other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you.
Good luck, and keep us updated

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a pinktoe fall out of its web hammock during a molt. It sat on the ground like that till it started to harden and stretched out. I was lucky my T survived. I hope yours does.

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she's moving slightly, like she's flexing. i'm wary about moving her right now. the bottom is a mix of peat and soil, so it's very soft. it's only been about 15-20 mins. since the molt.

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
a couple of her legs are just waving ever so slightly. barely perceptible by the human eye.

is there anything else i should look for?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
then I'd definately leave her alone right now. If you move her, it could injure her.
I'd say give her a few hours!
Holley

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks, holly. i'm just a little worried.

what part of oregon are you in?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my T's usually lay streached out after a molt and not scrunched up. so you may want to wait an hour and then put it in the ICU

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
One of the freak things that can occur during a moult is the T can tear some at one of the intersegmental joints and bleed out. It is possible that something like that has happened here, or maybe it did just fall and is waiting for things to harden up.

With it being a just moulted T all you can do is hope and wait.

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she flipped over and walked away from where she was at about 2" and is now stretching out.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok great give her a quick look over and make sure that there is no "bleeding"

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i used a flashlight and couldn't see any bleeding at all. lungs are going full force though. i hope that's a good sign.

can you tell i'm a noobie?

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she's so puffy and blue right now. cool. i hope she's okay.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does the sling have a hammock at the top of the vivarium? Because if it doesn't, or if it isn't very large/strong, the sling just might have needed something stable to stretch out on after molting.

Good Luck

Jon

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no hammock or anything like that. it started about 2-3".

this is why i'd really appreciate you coming over to help me set up things.

do you drink beer, jon.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is this your first molt? if it is don't worry, there not all this troublesome. allthough I worry like crazy everytime mine molt. but so far so good no fatalities yet.