Help diagnosing possible ailment

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Appears to be merely the pattern resulting from kicking “hairs”. I see no rupture in the exoskeleton. Absolutely nothing to worry about. If there were a breach of any kind there would be hemolymph escaping.

Hairyleglover

Arachnopeon
That is the first thing that came to my mind, I have only seen her flick hairs once and I’ve had her since she was a tiny sling so I wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you so much!

FrDoc

Arachnosupporter +
That is the first thing that came to my mind, I have only seen her flick hairs once and I’ve had her since she was a tiny sling so I wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you so much!
It is usual behavior for several species to use urticating setae as a defense around their enclosure. Consequently, you wouldn’t have been aware of the actual kicking, just the aftermath. So, be careful doing enclosure maintenance and don’t trod the “minefield”.

Hairyleglover

Arachnopeon
It is usual behavior for several species to use urticating setae as a defense around their enclosure. Consequently, you wouldn’t have been aware of the actual kicking, just the aftermath. So, be careful doing enclosure maintenance and don’t trod the “minefield”.
Very interesting, I never knew that I knew that new world species tossed them if they were stressed or feeling threatened but didn’t know they did it randomly. She is a salmon pink bird eater.

FrDoc

Arachnosupporter +
Very interesting, I never knew that I knew that new world species tossed them if they were stressed or feeling threatened but didn’t know they did it randomly. She is a salmon pink bird eater.
Oh yeah, L. parahybana are definitely eight-legged minelayers, and their setae are not something with which to be trifled.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Looks like you've already got your answer, but I just wanted to mention that judging by the dark colour where the hairs have been kicked off, it looks like she's in premolt! Sorry if you already know how to tell, just wanted to share some good news :)