Help! Chilean rose appears to be dying

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I don't think the booklung would have caused too much of a problem as she has others. Althought if mites got in around that area they could cause some problems. Honestly now I dont think there is much you can do apart from give the water droplets every so often.

Alicedarling

Arachnopeon
Is the substrate dry? If not, get her off the wet sub into something else with dry sub. That should aid in her recovery if she's still alive.
It is was previously watered down one edge about 3 days ago but the surface is very dry.

Alicedarling

Arachnopeon
I don't think the booklung would have caused too much of a problem as she has others. Althought if mites got in around that area they could cause some problems. Honestly now I dont think there is much you can do apart from give the water droplets every so often.
Ok good to know. Thanks again

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'll have a look if it's possible, thanks
First, so sorry you have to go through this!
I am curious as well what the white stuff on her mouthparts is. It could be vermiculite, but it could also be nematodes. Is the white stuff moving?

Another care tip for future T's, there is no need to put a rock in the waterdish, especially not such a large one. T's don't drown. ;)

Alicedarling

Arachnopeon
First, so sorry you have to go through this!
I am curious as well what the white stuff on her mouthparts is. It could be vermiculite, but it could also be nematodes. Is the white stuff moving?

Another care tip for future T's, there is no need to put a rock in the waterdish, especially not such a large one. T's don't drown. ;)
The white stuff on her mouthparts was a speck of vermiculite I think. She doesn't have any mites as far as my eye can tell. I attach a close up pic taken this morning.
Thanks for the tip about the water dish.