Help!! Bug Infestation

Spiderlass

Arachnopeon
Hi All

I am looking for some advise. I have a MM Grammasola rosea and Grammasola pulra spiderling
living/loving life in my back room /spider room. I am having lots of issues with a carpet beetles and fruit flies. I am convinced they came from the cricket/locust feeder tubs I got from local pet store.

I want to clear up and remove the pests, but I am worried about insecticide residue/ potential harm to my Taranulas. Any advise or ideas would be helpful.

Some of the fruit flies made it to my kitchen, I nuked them with fly spray and extensive chemicals......I am just worried doing the same would leave traces in the room that would harm/ kill my Ts.

Many Thanks

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Don't use anything that floats in the air. No sprays, bug bombs, or anything like that. Direct contact traps are your best bet. Apple cider vinegar in a few bowls around the room should help a good deal with the fruit flies. They come in and accidentally drown.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m still fighting a fruit fly invasion they took over my dubia colonies.
Don’t use pesticides bad for you bad for any inverts in your home.

Marshall Bennett

Arachnopeon
Fruit flies can cause a major havoc. I think cleaning is the best prevention from such pests. Try to prevent them from breeding inside the house. You may also try Electric Fly Swatters or Fly Catchers for fighting fruit flies. Also, you can hire pest control services to smoke the fruit flies out of your house or leave them dead on the floor.

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
Another option would be if you know anyone that could take care of your T's for a few weeks you could remove them from your house leaving you free to use pesticides. You'd still need to use as little (and as targeted) as possible leave at least a few weeks with good ventilation to be safe.
Best avoided if you can though as it would be hard to say for certain that pesticide no residue remains.

Dwight Fletcher

Arachnopeon
Hello!!
Well, once you found out carpet beetles you should:

Vacuum areas with carpet and fabrics frequently

Eliminate any piles of clothes or other materials that larvae could feed on

Make sure to use an insect spray and spray around the floor boards and furniture

If you have a good cleaning of carpets, furniture, rugs and drapes then you should be able to get rid of them properly.

To control Fruit flies you can use traps to get rid of the flying insects out of your house. You can also add a little washing up detergent to the balsamic vinegar will lower the surface tension and the flies will sink into the liquid.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Summer is fruit fly season. They probably came in as eggs on bananas. Wait them out. In the fall they'll disappear, and it will be Yellow Jacket season... Hooray!

centipeedle

Arachnosquire
Whenever I have had problems with fruit flies, I will fill a bowl about halfway with vinegar or some rotten fruit in water and put Saran Wrap over it, and poke a bunch of holes in it with a pen. The flies will be able to get in, but unable to get out.