1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help (Avicularia avicularia)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by The Doc, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM.

1. The Doc

The Doc Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I got a pink toed tarantula(avicularia avicularia) on about June 5th. I still don’t know the gender because it hasn’t molted. But everything was fine and it walked around and ate. But lately for a few weeks it’s been up at the top of the plants as usual but it completely encased itself
    In a web and it hasn’t eaten. I would just like to know if everything’s ok

Attached Files:

2. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

Avicularia like to do this. It's his or her home! If all entrances and exits are closed, it could be preparing to moult.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Award Award x 1
  3. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

normal......worry if its on the ground.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Zepmaster

Zepmaster Arachnopeon

Utah
    I agree with @cold blood and @dangerforceidle that sounds like normal avic behavior if it has closed everything off i could indeed be preparing to molt just leave it alone and hold off feeding for a while. it will be fine and hopefully sporting a new set of clothes soon

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

unremarkable..keep on moving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire Active Member

It’s normal behavior. My Avic does this all the time shortly before he molts. He webs everything outside his main tube web. He also goes on a water drinking binge right before he molts. He a confirmed male close to his ultimate molt. At 4.32 inches in DLS I’m assuming his next molt. Only worry if it’s on the ground curled up. Mine does come to the ground to drink. He has an elevated and ground water dishes. He seems to prefer the ground one or water dripped at his tube opening.

7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

... For an extended period ;)

8. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnoknight

Utah
    My C. versi. is broken. It made its tube on the ground despite other choices. It spends the majority of its time there.

9. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Both of mine regularly come down to ground level (usually when hungry), my female just refuses to web for some reason.

10. KWISE89

KWISE89 Arachnopeon

My A Avic. Spun a web in the bottom corner of the enclosure and has been on it's side for 2 days. Is this bad?

11. Brian Gilbert

Brian Gilbert Arachnopeon Active Member

Post a picture

12. KWISE89

KWISE89 Arachnopeon

13. KWISE89

KWISE89 Arachnopeon

Thought she is molting but not sure.

14. The Doc

The Doc Arachnopeon

That’s exactly what I thought but I needed to double check
    that’s exactly what I thought but I needed to double check. Thanks