Helloooooooo, Can a 2 inch A. seemani......

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For my 1 1/2 inch A.seemani, which has molted twice in my care. I like to keep the substrate moist. It lives in a jar with 4 inches of coconut fibre and it has dug a hole to the bottom and cleared the entire bottom inch. They love to dig. If it was dry I would worry about collapse. But I haven't had to wet it since I packed it in the jar, it retains moisture well and no mold so far. There is no water dish as it gets its moisture from the crick it eats everyday. Hope that helps.

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A. Seemmani does just fine with a 2 liter soda cap, and misting about twice a week.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
Some threads just don't get looked at sheesh. Its like talking to a wall sometimes.
:rolleyes:

Because: Most people couldn't care less about all of the moult reports and "Hey I bought a new spider, just wanted to tell you". Your thread title was "New seemanni", that honestly doesn't sound very interesting, and people don't bother looking into it. Not very strange is it? :rolleyes:

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:

Because: Most people couldn't care less about all of the moult reports and "Hey I bought a new spider, just wanted to tell you". Your thread title was "New seemanni", that honestly doesn't sound very interesting, and people don't bother looking into it. Not very strange is it? :rolleyes:

You are right...... people only do look for what they want out of these boards and aren't interested in helping others. See when they see "new semaani" people think "hey he is just showing off like everybody else on this board. But whenever I saw someone post "new (tarantula name)" They usually had a question to go a long with it. That roll eyes thing is so annoying too. Why do people use it so much, infact they use it way to much. Its like saying hey what an idiot can't believe he thought it and its very offending to see roll eyes. wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes: See? what I mean?

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
people only do look for what they want out of these boards and aren't interested in helping others.
This is incredible. You are one ungrateful guy.

Scorpiove said:
See when they see "new semaani" people think "hey he is just showing off like everybody else on this board.
Do you need help to get that stick out of there?

Scorpiove said:
That roll eyes thing is so annoying too. Why do people use it so much, infact they use it way to much.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its pretty sad what you are saying dude, I wasn't even attacking you. Look at the comments you are making. I'll start now though. Maybe you should get "That stick out of there" sheesh. I am greatful to the ones who do help me and there are a lot. But there are "others" that know what I'm talking about. This is a place about pets nothing else so I don't need attitude from you so stop being a troll and only reply in my thread if you can help me.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
You are right...... people only do look for what they want out of these boards and aren't interested in helping others. See when they see "new semaani" people think "hey he is just showing off like everybody else on this board. But whenever I saw someone post "new (tarantula name)" They usually had a question to go a long with it. That roll eyes thing is so annoying too. Why do people use it so much, infact they use it way to much. Its like saying hey what an idiot can't believe he thought it and its very offending to see roll eyes. wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes: See? what I mean?
When I first saw that icon, I thought it looked more like someone pondering
something - like someone THINKING! I suppose it's meant to be rolling eyes,
but I don't think it looks unfriendly enough for that. :p

Wysi

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
Its pretty sad what you are saying dude, I wasn't even attacking you. Look at the comments you are making. I'll start now though.
OK, this is getting weird, and I should probably have ignored this.
My initial post was intended to help you out, the title of the thread can make a difference. You did in fact say that everybody here is just showing off, no? That is a very strange thing to say. Is it the pictures that bother you (don't bother answering, I no longer care), or maybe the eloquence of many members here?

OK, let's stop there.
You will never hear from me again, on-topic or not.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
OK, this is getting weird, and I should probably have ignored this.
My initial post was intended to help you out, the title of the thread can make a difference. You did in fact say that everybody here is just showing off, no? That is a very strange thing to say. Is it the pictures that bother you (don't bother answering, I no longer care), or maybe the eloquence of many members here?

OK, let's stop there.
You will never hear from me again, on-topic or not.
Maybe you misunderstood me I don't know, it was a little sarcastic what I said so it was't really meaning as "people only come here to show off" I would prefer to not make enemies Overmenneske. :p I agree though when I need help I'll be more clear about it in the thread. :) Also I love seeing peoples pictures of their tarantulas. They are very nice too see.

Last edited:

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am gonna choose to ignore the comments previously made and talk to you about your seemaani. I read your thread because I have a full grown adult, he is my first T and my absolute fave of all that I have. I try to read all the threads I see about seemaanis because I love them! you say yours digs? Mine has got to be the most oddball seemaani, then....he never digs, he hardly ever goes in to the hide-away i keep for him in there, and he pretty much always sits out in the open. right now i am looking at him in broad daylight and he is just sitting out in the open for all to see! (he is not in any direct light or anything like that, it's just the middle of the afternoon, i mean :) but i am quite sure he is a seemaani, so go figure! since he is an adult, though, i have a very small shallow water dish in there for him...i purchast it from Petco...they are great since they are perfect for adults...but my slings use bottle caps and get a mist twice a week, if that helps you any...

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
p.s....that is NOT his habitat, it is just for pics only!

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good to get back on topic, thanks it is great help Ita3398:). I will do that, have a cap and mist about 2 times a week. Hmm mine wasn't the one that digs though mine is just like you'res and sits in his hide I bought for him and out in the open in broad daylight. They are great spiders aren't they! Thanks! :)