Hello

JamesMiracle

Arachnopeon
Hello, VERY new to this. Absolutely know nothing about Taratulas except what I’ve researched the last few days.
I am going to be getting a Tarantula soon and would love to hear any beginner tips!
Also would love to find a breeder/seller in Indiana.

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
Hello, VERY new to this. Absolutely know nothing about Taratulas except what I’ve researched the last few days.
I am going to be getting a Tarantula soon and would love to hear any beginner tips!
Hey James! Welcome to the boards. What kind of Tarantula are you thinking of getting? depending on the species we can specify the tips a bit more.

JamesMiracle

Arachnopeon
One that will be easily taken care of. Want be be comfortable taking care of her before anything else. All said and done would like to have three.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Check out the following threads.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/fantastic-beginner-tarantulas-and-how-to-keep-them.314840/

The two best readily available beginner species you can get are Brachypelma albopilosum and Grammostola pulchripes but pretty much anything from Brachypelma/Grammostola/Aphonopelma is a good starting point.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens is always recommended due to their ridiculously easy husbandry, they're do-able but I think they make a better second or third T due to their speed and skittishness.

Acanthoscurria and Lasiodora species are also do-able but they have crazy feeding responses (which can startle new keepers) and pretty bad hairs (Lasiodora hairs are the worst of the two IME).

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello and welcome!
Yes there are a few good options. The best are in the Brachypelma genus. You cant get wrong with an Brachypelma albopilosum, or any other Brachypelma for that matter. Grammostola sp are good also, but i normally always recommend B albopilosum, so i do that now also. They reminds me of teddy bears! They are the tarantula answer to Vinnie the Puh! But even less defenssive!:angelic:

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
youtube EulersK and Tom Moran. they shall now become ur bible on ts. read them daily lol. they will teach u everything u want to know. also don't listen to caresheets/petstores

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
youtube EulersK and Tom Moran. they shall now become ur bible on ts. read them daily lol. they will teach u everything u want to know. also don't listen to caresheets/petstores
Those are good, but i think Spiderengineer is even better, cos he understand the importance of the expression "Deep substrate"

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Those are good, but i think Spiderengineer is even better, cos he understand the importance of the expression "Deep substrate"
yea but he only has old worlds and is a bit outdated since he no longer uploads

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
First off, welcome to the forum.

I'm from Indiana, and I can honestly say I don't know of any breeders in the state, as I only buy online. Expos are your best option if you want to buy local. However, if you are up to buying online, right here on the forum is the best place.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Read a lot more on the forum before buying. A few days is not enough.

JamesMiracle

Arachnopeon
First off, welcome to the forum.

I'm from Indiana, and I can honestly say I don't know of any breeders in the state, as I only buy online. Expos are your best option if you want to buy local. However, if you are up to buying online, right here on the forum is the best place.
Who is the best options to buy from?

cold blood

Staff member
Who is the best options to buy from?
Check out the classifieds here on the boards....too many great sellers to list. And all sellers here are required to have a corresponding review page, with reviews from fellow AB members, so you can shop with confidence.