Hello!

NukingTheFridge

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone!
I have been stalking this sub forum for the better part of a week now.
Since this is a very helpful and professional environment, i wish to join in.
I do not own a Myriapod.
In the past, i have been massivley creeped out by centipedes and as anyone as weird as me would do, i took another close look at them.
This time however, something changed.
I am more and more fascinated... like i start to really LIKE them o_O

I haven´t commited yet to get one, but i consider it for the future. There´s a lot i will have to learn first and general preparations.

Should i commit, the general census seems to be to go for a S. Polymorpha.

Anyway, this was just meant as a brief Hello.
Have a good one :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Since you used to be scared some of the smaller species would probably be a good bet for you. S. polymorpha, some of the Alipes species might be good, maybe even something like an S. heros if you wanted to keep something larger. Welcome to the hobby and the forum :)

NukingTheFridge

Arachnopeon
I wish to go for a smaller species, preferably not too venomous and aggressive - hence polymorpha. I think a heros or some such might very well intimidate me too much :-O

Thanks for the Welcome!

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Welcome.
S.polymorpha or S.heros are the best to start out with IMO because they're both desert species, they can handle a variety of environmental factors because of this, they are pretty good sized as adults with heros getting a tad bit bigger. And the venom isn't too bad but getting bit by either will ruin your day. And just for the record polymorpha does not automatically mean less aggressive, 2 of the polymorpha i own are my most aggressive pedes. Cheers

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I wish to go for a smaller species, preferably not too venomous and aggressive - hence polymorpha
I started with polmorpha. Just be prepared for the possibility that you might not see much of it. I currently have 8 species and the only 2 I see regularly are my 2 heros subspecies. My polymorpha comes out once in a blue moon, although other people on here see theirs all the time. It doesn't help that I have too much cage furniture with the polymorpha

Last edited:

NukingTheFridge

Arachnopeon
I realize it depends on the individual specimen, how aggressive they are. What i have read here time and again is that polymorpha seems less prone to attack than something like a dehaani. In general at least.

This is all so fascinating!