Hei guys kinda worried about my beauty :(

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some of the people in this post should provide better constructive criticism.

This is amusing: 10 or so posts telling the OP the cage is too big, YET no one tells the poster WHY it's too big until post 15. :wacky:

How can you tell someone "it's too big", and expect them to magically figure out on their own what the next best size is?

Poecilotheria tends to burrow
In the wild Poki's are typically found in a single tree deep, high up in the canopy, inside a hole of the tree. The tree is cut down to obtain a single T.

can stress T's out
Not specifically true as you wrote it. Large containers inherently don't stress a T out at all. If that were true, in the wild (the largest container known as EARTH) they would be stressed out 24/7.

Large containers w/out the proper amount of cage furniture stress an animal out.

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Not specifically true as you wrote it. Large containers inherently don't stress a T out at all. If that were true, in the wild (the largest container known as EARTH) they would be stressed out 24/7.

Large containers w/out the proper amount of cage furniture stress an animal out.
That's what i meant :) Sorry.

Ordog istvan

Arachnopeon
Update. Hy guys i got out from work today and i went direct to petshop and bought a new small enclosure for my T. Put some cork in and a small cup with like 2ml water in and it looks now like in picture. T was almost in same place like two days ago and moved not that much but i saw no more weird moves or smth, i took this carful in hand when i moved it and i have to say she got some speed on my hand and seems to move normal this made me happy. Is this enclosure fine ?

Attachments

Hoops71

Arachnopeon
Personally I wouldnt bother buying an enclosure from a pet store (not for a sling anyway), save your money and get some 300ml (or smaller depending on sling size) food canisters/plastic jars. Also, ideally, you need something that's taller than it is wide for arboreals. Glad your slings ok btw! :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Update. Hy guys i got out from work today and i went direct to petshop and bought a new small enclosure for my T. Put some cork in and a small cup with like 2ml water in and it looks now like in picture. T was almost in same place like two days ago and moved not that much but i saw no more weird moves or smth
Much better, some more sub around the base of the cork bark would be ideal. Smaller poecs tend to expand on their hides and burrow downwards a little into the sub.
i took this carful in hand when i moved it and i have to say she got some speed on my hand and seems to move normal this made me happy.
:rolleyes:
Next time don't rehouse with your bare hands...yes they are very fast, and can jump. Their venom is no joke either, a bite from one of these will put you out of commission for a week or more. Always use a catch cup and prodding tool.

I suggest you do much more research on the species your keeping and the venom its packing. The bigger it gets, the harder your future rehouses will be, try that with your hands again and who knows what will happen....this is not an escapee you want to have around the house.

I truly wish you the best of luck, your gonna need it.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It's certainly an improvement. Could be a little better, but that's alright.

Don't use your hands to rehouse...

Read that link i shared earlier. Wrote it for the sole purpose of being lazy and not typing out the same stuff all the time.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Be careful with critter keepers. the holes under where the handle clips in are WAY bigger than the rest of the ventalation slots. Personally i have steered clear of them for slings since i had an escape but since you already have it, just be aware and make sure that the holes wont be TOO big for your spider.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Please don't put your bare fingers near this species ever again. If you need some motivation not to just read the Poecilotheria bite reports on this forum.