Heating for very cold house!

TaylorM

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I'm picking up my first sling next week but am concerned temperature wise. I am housed in a garden flat, at the moment temperatures insdie are between 40-50 degrees farenheit. What is the most suitable method of heating?

Many thanks

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
An oil-based space heater. It’s a sealed system, not something you always fill with oil.

Delonghi makes them.

Depends on how big your flat is too, maybe you’ll need more than one.

Not sure why you ordered an exotic without having lined things up already.

TaylorM

Arachnopeon
An oil-based space heater. It’s a sealed system, not something you always fill with oil.

Delonghi makes them.

Depends on how big your flat is too, maybe you’ll need more than one.

Not sure why you ordered an exotic without having lined things up already.
Thank you for your help, already have one of those purchased ready amongst other things, as preperation, just wanted others' opinions :)

decirp

Arachnopeon
I have my three in a curio cabinet. I have placed a heating pad along the back of the curio to radiate heat , I also put a low watt 25 watt night time heat bulb approximately 3 feet above the “T” s so that the heat isn’t directly over them. The T’s are on the lower shelf and the heat bulb is above the upper shelf with glass in between. With the two combined it keeps the inside of the curio at a constant 77 degrees ... seems to work well for me. I can turn either off at any time to drop the temp ... I find it cheaper then running a heater to heat the entire room ... just a food for thought