1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat Help for Emp

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by DrummerRob, Apr 20, 2008.

1. DrummerRob

DrummerRob Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi there, I have had my Emperor tank setup for 12 hours its a 16x10x8" with an 6x11" heat mat on the back. False bottom etc.
    I've had the heat mat on for 12 hours now and the temperature is still only
    22C / 72F or something like that (it's cold in the UK).
    My humidity is up at 90 can someone give me a little advice as to how to raise the temperature up.
    Should I be using a bulb as well, in which case exactly what do i need to buy??
    Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance. Rob

2. magikscorps

magikscorps Arachnoknight

Get your self a 75 watt Infrared bulb , put it on one end of the tank,your good to go,good lusk............cheers:D

3. DrummerRob

DrummerRob Arachnopeon

ok sounds good. and then do you think just use the heat mat over night or still the bulb and just adjust using a thermostat?
    Is there any need for the mat at all?

4. magikscorps

magikscorps Arachnoknight

In my tropical tanks I use both the use of one or the other just does not get the temps up there .........I turn my lights of for about 5 hours overnight...some people leave them on 24-7 just make sure there is a area in your tank with a lower temp so the scorp can adjust temp to its liking...........and the light dries out your substrate quick.....just gotta stay on top of it..........Cheers:D