Heading down the right path

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
On bed check N. chromatus has molted.

Still around 1” brown carapace, brown abdomen, but now definite striping on the legs.

So my A. geniculata is about the same size. Last molt revealed reddish abdomen hairs and a reddish carapace, with rings, not stripes on the legs. Still wondering if they are mixed up...

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
N. tripepii has molted today! Little fuzzball...

Added two P. imperator to the brood today.

G. pulchripes is one of my best eaters so far.

I had a few picky eaters so I went about 7 days since I last fed any of them, G. pulchripes had overturned her water dish and then threw it around the enclosure in protest.

I tossed a fat super worm and I swear she caught it like a dog catching a frisbee.

They all seem to be adapting to dubia nymphs as feeders, my nymphs are still too small for a couple of the juveniles.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Busy weekend...

Yesterday I added two Pandinus imperator, for $32 at the petco half price reptile sale...

Last night I found a Stenopelmatus sp on the front porch....

The Petco employees told me yesterday they had a “pink toe”, but I didn’t look at it. Today I was in the area again and decided that if it was also a 1/2 price reptile I would take it home... $18 later... she was in an almost bare wet enclosure and had made a small web in the corner on the glass.

She seemed very grateful for her new enclosure and this is her about 30 seconds after I put her in..

And 5 minutes later...

I honestly didn’t research avics and hadn’t planned on getting one, so the dumb questions I have I will research now...

She is about 3.5-4” right now, the pedipalps are extremely long so I did consider it may be a MM. I don’t care I’m just happy it has a good home now.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Busy weekend...

Yesterday I added two Pandinus imperator, for $32 at the petco half price reptile sale...

Last night I found a Stenopelmatus sp on the front porch....

The Petco employees told me yesterday they had a “pink toe”, but I didn’t look at it. Today I was in the area again and decided that if it was also a 1/2 price reptile I would take it home... $18 later... she was in an almost bare wet enclosure and had made a small web in the corner on the glass.

She seemed very grateful for her new enclosure and this is her about 30 seconds after I put her in..

And 5 minutes later...

I honestly didn’t research avics and hadn’t planned on getting one, so the dumb questions I have I will research now...

She is about 3.5-4” right now, the pedipalps are extremely long so I did consider it may be a MM. I don’t care I’m just happy it has a good home now.
That’s a massive looking cricket , is it carnivores? Cool addition pet smart sucks only had lizards . Pet supplies looks worse every year only had 1/10 the animals it had 15 years ago .
It’s half the size too, good thing for the animals I guess. Haha

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
That’s a massive looking cricket , is it carnivores? Cool addition pet smart sucks only had lizards . Pet supplies looks worse every year only had 1/10 the animals it had 15 years ago .
It’s half the size too, good thing for the animals I guess. Haha
This Stenopelmatus sp is about the size of my thumb, they eat just about anything they get their jaws on, roots and insects I put a piece of broccoli and a super worm in with her and both are either buried or eaten.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
And 5 minutes later...

This is not a mature male at least, but sex can't be determined from these photos. The pedipalps still have their pink "toes," which disappears when the emboli develop.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
This is not a mature male at least, but sex can't be determined from these photos. The pedipalps still have their pink "toes," which disappears when the emboli develop.
Cool, I’m reading up, and it looks like we will have more than a few years together.

I’m rummaging through old Avic threads here mostly.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
This Stenopelmatus sp is about the size of my thumb, they eat just about anything they get their jaws on, roots and insects I put a piece of broccoli and a super worm in with her and both are either buried or eaten.
Looked like it was way bigger in pic , robust for a little cricket. I’ve seen 3” crickets similar to that somewhere in Ohio once .

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Got 2 Pseudopalmas irminia slings off CL today ($15)... very tiny 1/4” or so, but already beautiful coloration!

I will be sealing the deal on at least 6 scorpions shortly, 3 different species.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
P. muticus has molted again, and possibly Y. sooretama, but she has webbed her vial so heavy it is hard to clean out boli let alone see very well.

New arrivals for tomorrow delivery!
  • Parabuthus transvaalicus X2
  • Leiurus jordanensi x2
  • Hottentotta franzwerneri x2

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
My pickiest eater, O. philippinus molted today!

One of my not picky eaters L. parahybana molted too!

beccadarling

Arachnopeon
I highly recommend the Brazilian Giant white knee! They're fantastic eaters and grow pretty large compared to most.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
G. pulchra is out to disprove the “slow growing” reputation... molted today!

I highly recommend the Brazilian Giant white knee! They're fantastic eaters and grow pretty large compared to most.
One step ahead of ya! I have one in the clan, big pig...

The larger of my 2 P. irminia molted! Damn beautiful species....

Last edited by a moderator: