Having trouble feeding my jumping spider again.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Could someone please give me some help on how to get my spider to eat I don’t give him prey that’s too back and I leave near him and he see’s it but he never goes for it am I doing something wrong or could it be in premolt? It’s been like two weeks since he last ate.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Could someone please give me some help on how to get my spider to eat I don’t give him prey that’s too back and I leave near him and he see’s it but he never goes for it am I doing something wrong or could it be in premolt? It’s been like two weeks since he last ate.
Pics of the spider and enclosure would help.

Failing that when did your spider last moult?

Is your spider adult?

Temps fine?

Male/female?

What live food are you using?

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Its an adult male regal jumping spider. The temperature inside is in the high 70s but I have a fan going on in the room he’s in. There’s been a couple of heat waves in the past few days so I’m misting more often and as for food i feed worms, roaches and crickets, I was gonna try to give him a small cricket to see if he’ll take that instead, I tried feeding him a baby roach earlier but he wouldn’t take it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Its an adult male regal jumping spider. The temperature inside is in the high 70s but I have a fan going on in the room he’s in. There’s been a couple of heat waves in the past few days so I’m misting more often and as for food i feed worms, roaches and crickets, I was gonna try to give him a small cricket to see if he’ll take that instead, I tried feeding him a baby roach earlier but he wouldn’t take it.
If he's a MM it's normal for them not to each as much. They just want to breed. Make sure you mist a side of his enclosure so he can have a drink and he'll eat when he's hungry. When did he have his ultimate moult?

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
If he's a MM it's normal for them not to each as much. They just want to breed. Make sure you mist a side of his enclosure so he can have a drink and he'll eat when he's hungry. When did he have his ultimate moult?
Idk I haven’t had him for that long, only for a few months.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
I’ve noticed the same, Phidippus males are harder to get to eat and eat less often. I feed my P. otiosus males house flies, but it still takes some time for them to finally catch it. Depending on the enclosure, if it is a complex tank with lost of decorations and places for drawling prey to hide, try feeding it flies. Or switch it up and make the enclosure more simplified so he is able to spot food.