Having issues with heterometrus longimanus.

RocknRolos

Arachnopeon
My heterometrus has been acting very erratically. It was upside down a week ago, but moving its legs. It then proceeded to get back to an upright position, over night. Now for over a week, it has been moving its legs, tail and pedipalps in a weird manner, without actually ever switching places. Meanwhile I have moved some damp cotton next to it so hopefully it doesn't dehydrate, and weirdly enough it immediately grabbed a mealworm when I handled it to it, but without actually consuming it. It grabbed it for a couple hours, and eventually let it go.
Temperature and humidity have been well kept and it has a hide and plenty of cocofiber for burrowing.
Any idea what's happening to it, anything I can or should be doing, or should I do the right thing for it and help it drift?
Thank you.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Remove the cotton, that's just going to cause a moldy mess. In terms of what's wrong though it's hard to say. Is it twitching at all or just moving the tails and pedipalps oddly?

RocknRolos

Arachnopeon
I
Remove the cotton, that's just going to cause a moldy mess. In terms of what's wrong though it's hard to say. Is it twitching at all or just moving the tails and pedipalps oddly?
I'll do that then. The legs are pretty twitchy aswell actually, when it tries to react to anything.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm, I'm wondering if there may be some accidental exposure to a pesticide then.

RocknRolos

Arachnopeon
Hmm, I'm wondering if there may be some accidental exposure to a pesticide then.
Seems very unlikely as I haven't hadded anything to its enclosure in a long time. It has been eating the same dubias and mealworms.. I can't seem to find how it would be possible for it to come in contact with pesticides. But if that's the case, any way I could help it get "clean"?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seems very unlikely as I haven't hadded anything to its enclosure in a long time. It has been eating the same dubias and mealworms.. I can't seem to find how it would be possible for it to come in contact with pesticides. But if that's the case, any way I could help it get "clean"?
Yeah I'd assume it's unlikely and I don't think the dubia or mealworms would have been exposed either, especially if those are your own colonies. What's the overall humidity in the enclosure? If it's not an adult it could molt out whatever the issue is.

RocknRolos

Arachnopeon
Yeah I'd assume it's unlikely and I don't think the dubia or mealworms would have been exposed either, especially if those are your own colonies. What's the overall humidity in the enclosure? If it's not an adult it could molt out whatever the issue is.
They are my own colonies. Humidity is pretty high, considering it's a tropical species. Will it eventually molt, even if it isn't eating at the moment?
Thank you for your time.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see what seems like the same illness over here now and then. I breed Pandinus and Heterometrus and have over a 100 imperators and Heterometrus just to let you the perspective from over here with seeing some illnesses. It doesn't happen often but now and then one will act like it has Parkinson's disease symptoms. They will also pinch anything really hard often several times, my guess is because they are in some kind of pain and reacting in defense. Shaky, uncoordinated, over sensitive to external disturbances. They can recover though. Ironically what has helped them to recover is putting them in a dry environment but with water in a container in a corner. Dry course sand, away from coco fiber has worked best over here, or dry gravel. I don't know what causes it of course, I've suspected some kind of fungal infection that's messing with their nervous system.

RocknRolos

Arachnopeon
I see what seems like the same illness over here now and then. I breed Pandinus and Heterometrus and have over a 100 imperators and Heterometrus just to let you the perspective from over here with seeing some illnesses. It doesn't happen often but now and then one will act like it has Parkinson's disease symptoms. They will also pinch anything really hard often several times, my guess is because they are in some kind of pain and reacting in defense. Shaky, uncoordinated, over sensitive to external disturbances. They can recover though. Ironically what has helped them to recover is putting them in a dry environment but with water in a container in a corner. Dry course sand, away from coco fiber has worked best over here, or dry gravel. I don't know what causes it of course, I've suspected some kind of fungal infection that's messing with their nervous system.
Those are exactly the symptoms. Very odd indeed. I will sure try that! Thank you very much.