Have you seen this?

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I have a B. Albopilosum that recently molted into a mature male. I seen him slowly walking around alittle, and then I see him start grooming. But he's laying sideways now. It's not really anything mind blowing but it was just odd to me. Have you seen a T do this? image-2019-08-16-16-09-33.jpg

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes lol Mature males are strange little beings.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I saw my juvie P. muticus female do the same. It was very funny to watch.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, this have nothing to do with gender. Both males and females do this after moults

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Yes, this have nothing to do with gender. Both males and females do this after moults
That's odd. I have been keeping Ts for about four years and I haven't seen this happen with any of them. And I figured gender didn't have any thing to do with it, it's just easier to give all the info from the beginning to answer any future questions. Iv always seem them molt, flip over, sit for a while, and then groom. This one just had to do it in style I reckon. :D

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I've seen 3 of mine do this, guess I just happened to look at the right time. Most recent was my LP that was doing some high speed grooming laying on his side, pretty amusing to watch.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've seen this lots of times in larger individuals. Their legs are too soft to hold their weight up directly after moulting, so they groom on their sides. I caught some decent video footage of my female Acanthoscurria geniculata doing it directly after moulting when she was around the 3" mark. She groomed for hours on her side - completed one side and then flipped over onto her other side. It was fabulous to watch.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Just this week I came home and discovered my subadult female H. chilensis on her side. It's been over a year since her last molt and I got super excited thinking a molt was imminent... nope. She was just being her weird self. Spiders gonna spide, apparently.