Have you ever heard of...

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Neochilobrachys sp. thailand - a dwarf species I got by accident. I ordered a female chilobrachys fimbriatus from a dealer who had already sold it and forgot to take it off their site, so they refunded my money and sent the Neochilobrachys sling for free. You can look it up on Google image but it's kind disappointing appearance wise. It's also a big time pet hole, I've seen its entire body twice - when I first got it and when I rehoused. About the only thing it has going for it is its obscurity.
I didn't even know the Neochilobrachys genus existed. This species is obscure indeed.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Fear not tarantula has Aphonopelma mooreae on their slings list.

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
The only uncommon species that I have in my collection are Cyclosternum sp. "machala" and Psuedhapalopus sp. "blue".

And maybe Paraphysa scrofa. I'm not sure how common they are.

Nothing extraordinarily rare. The Cyclosternum is the only one that I don't see as available right now. I am on a pretty tight budget so I can't justify spending $100+ on a single T. And there's still plenty of more common (and affordable) species that I want.

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
Fear Not is also importing some Aphonopelma bicoloratum slings. They're going all out.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Did I miss something? https://wsc.nmbe.ch/species/37100/Aphonopelma_bicoloratum

I have never seen them in the U.S. crawling around. Perhaps you were thinking of moderatum?
Theyre from this continent, not Europe, that's what I meant. I find it funny to have any American based company to import Aphonopelma from Europe....now they could be imported from Mexico I suppose, but I would assume (maybe incorrectly) they are coming from Europe.

Are bicoloratums not found in the US? I always thought they were. My error there.

Last edited:

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Theyre from this continent, not Europe, that's what meant. I find t funny to have any American based company to import Aphonopelma from Europe....now they could be imported from Mexico I suppose, but I would assume (maybe incorrectly) they are coming from Europe.

Are bicoloratums not found in the US? I always thought they were.
I have only heard of them from Mexico and would be surprised unless someone let a large quantity of expensive spiders out some where state side.

It is funny how there are several species that are from our neighbor (Mexico) that go to Europe and then back over here. However, I can say from experience that imports from Mexico can be a long tedious process and much more difficult then Europe. There requirements, paper work, transportation, and people who move them through seem to always take much longer. In addition, it often occurs that a specific species is captive bred in Europe, or Asia/Africa for that matter, and then is imported here. Such is probably the case on these.....

Last edited:

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
Theyre from this continent, not Europe, that's what I meant. I find it funny to have any American based company to import Aphonopelma from Europe....now they could be imported from Mexico I suppose, but I would assume (maybe incorrectly) they are coming from Europe.

Are bicoloratums not found in the US? I always thought they were. My error there.
A cursory search of Fear Not's website didn't mention where they were being imported from. They also have Psalmopoeus victorii listed from what is presumably the same import.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
A moorei aren't in the hobby, who knows if they ever will be, the area they're endemic to is heavily controlled by the cartel, locals won't step foot there. Any pis of sp. Alquitran you can find on google, or posted by Palp Friction on their Instagram or their personal Facebook accounts. Nobody else has any in the states, not sure about overseas, I know Andreas Brunner has some over there.
I just looked at Fear not Tarantulas and she had one for sale

https://fearnottarantulas.com/product-category/spiderlings/

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I don’t think I have anything ‘rare’, but some uncommon species I have:
Phormictopus sp. ‘blue’ (first time in the US)
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘mascara’
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘manabi’
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘flammifera’
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘magna’
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘cascada’