Have to get rid of my 14 T's

03ISA

Arachnopeon
So my wife and I making a fairly large move. We are moving onto a sailboat and plan to travel. We've had T's for about 2 years now, 14 total. Some are younger some are 3-5 years old. All or well cared for and in good condition.

What advice do you have as a finding good homes for them?

N. Bassett

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So my wife and I making a fairly large move. We are moving onto a sailboat and plan to travel. We've had T's for about 2 years now, 14 total. Some are younger some are 3-5 years old. All or well cared for and in good condition.

What advice do you have as a finding good homes for them?

N. Bassett
List them for sale in the for sale section. What area are you from?

03ISA

Arachnopeon
N. California. The bay area. I thought you had to have permission to access / post in the for sale section.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Bummer on the necessity of giving up the tarantulas, but I’m thinking the reason is WAY cool.

P.S. Have any Asian fossorials? I could ease your burden.

03ISA

Arachnopeon
No old world T's. I was walking / crawling before I ran.

I do have Tegu lizard that will need a home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Craigslist if you don't want to ship, and anything left can go to a local pet store if you trust them to take good care of your tarantulas. If you have any Tapinauchenius/Pseudoclaris/Psalmopeus sp., let me know, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
I hope the move and the many trips associated with it go well!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Coolest thing I've ever heard! Good luck to you both on your travels and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of good homes for your pets on here. Shame I'm from the UK!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry you have to give up your pets, but it does sound like quite the adventure! Best of luck with it!

If you are willing to ship, finding homes for your pets should be easy. If you want to restrict it to local pickup, that will narrow your field of potential "adoptive parents" - but if you have no previous shipping experience, might be the best way to go. You can list the spiders either on a local forum like Craigslist or here in the Classifieds, along with how much you are hoping to get for them.

In order to post to the classifieds, you need to be either an Active User (post 15 comments within a 45 day period, but comments in some forums - like Tarantula Chat - don't count toward that total), an Arachnosupporter ($25/year) or Arachnosupporter Plus ($50/year), or a Paid Classifieds User ($5/month).

More info here: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/im...ements-for-posting-in-the-classifieds.279681/

and here: http://arachnoboards.com/help/upgrades/

and here: http://arachnoboards.com/account/upgrades

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Forgive my derailment, but what boat did you settle on? Mono or multihull? Cutter, sloop, ketch, or other rig? Fiberglass, aluminum, steel or wood hull? Center board, full keel, fin keel or bilge keel? Sorry for the 20 questions, but this is a major life goal for me. In a perfect world, I'd like to find a ~45 foot cutter rigged aluminum or steel pilot house with a centerboard for some really off the beaten path exploring. Few boats like that around though, either have to get lucky finding a well maintained Koopmans, or go the custom route.

Thanks,
--Matt

Drea

Arachnosquire
One must always follow what the heart desires to achieve true happiness. Often times we cannot always have what we want or lack the courage to go worth and seek out higher satisfaction. I commend you for being brave enough to live out your desires and seek out new horizons. That usually comes with sacrifice but that doesn’t make it wrong. Plus traveling is amazing.

I live in California and have a decent collection of very spoiled animals. I love tarantulas and have quite a few. More old worlds then new worlds but I love them all.

As for reptiles, two snakes, three bearded dragons, a nile monitor, a rescued savanna monitor who is doing amazing, three geckos, and pet chicken.

I will gladly take them and give them amazing homes. I live in central California so I am in the middle of the state so traveling north or south is easy and I am all of the state anyway. If you are interested, PM and we can talk about it in further detail.

I am not going to sorry for your sacrifice of your tegu and tarantulas because you are changing your life to live out a dream and I consider you lucky. I am sure it will be sad to let go but in the end, following your heart is always right regards of the hardships that come with it. So congratulations and safe travels.