Have to bug bomb my house...

chirp

Arachnopeon
So at some point next week I have to bugbomb/have my house sprayed for insects.
I obviously will remove my Ts from my house while this is happening but is it safe to take them back inside afterwards?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
What is the poison you are using? Please provide enough information to bring up the MSDS. What are the animals that you intend to exterminate? (To determine the efficacy of the treatment)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I wouldn't bring back any of my spiders into that house for months. What kills insects, kills spiders, and the residuals will be there for a long time. Give your spiders to someone to hold or sell them.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
Do you HAVE to spray your house? Personally, I would never spray my house for this very reason.

chirp

Arachnopeon
nope I dont Have to spray. Ill see what other options are available then. Thanks guys.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Do you HAVE to spray your house? Personally, I would never spray my house for this very reason.
+1. Too high risk. Even weeks or months later it could be killing spiders on a warm day when the house is closed up. There's other less-toxic ways to control insects.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, it seems like something that you should resign yourself to never doing when you start owning tarantulas. Good thing you came here and checked, OP... sounds like you're making the right choice in light of new information.

Femangel

Arachnosquire
Lots of bugs can be caught/irradicated without using anything chemical whatsover. We had a fruit fly infestation recently ( came in with a batch of crickets) and we just left a few tupperwarecontainers with a piece of fermenting fruit or vegie, tied a plastic freeze bag round it, pke a few holes and voila, flies go in, flies never come out. Dispose of the boxes and enjoy a fly free house! I bet these type of methods apply to other bugs as well :)

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Diatomaceous earth will eradicate any invert it comes into contact with and not harm what it does not.

-Wade

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Diatomaceous earth will eradicate any invert it comes into contact with and not harm what it does not.

-Wade
Is that pretty much for carpets and rugs, or it is pratical for hard floors too?

Kroogur

Arachnopeon
Is that pretty much for carpets and rugs, or it is pratical for hard floors too?
I was always told to use the earth around baseboards and behind large appliances as that is where the pests tend to move.