Have some questions

Eikichi

Arachnopeon
So I am thinking about getting an "Asian Forest Scorpion" from my local pet store. I need some help from some experienced owners.
My Questions:
1. How big of an enclosure will I need for the scorpion/what do I need to put into it?

2. Do I need anything to heat up/cool down the enclosure?

3. What can I feed the scorpion that does not require high maintenance?

4. How often do I moisten the enclosure/can I use a spray bottle?

5. Is this type of scorpion aggressive/are there any specific handling instructions?

Thanks in advance.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
An enclosure about 5-10 gallons should work and no heating or cooling is required.
Put about 4-6 inches of substrate in there for the scorpion to burrow, one hide and a water dish without a sponge. Spray about everything other day but pouring water in the substrate is more effective. Most AFS scorps are pretty defensive so I would try to handle

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I am thinking about getting an "Asian Forest Scorpion" from my local pet store. I need some help from some experienced owners.
My Questions:
1. How big of an enclosure will I need for the scorpion/what do I need to put into it?

2. Do I need anything to heat up/cool down the enclosure?

3. What can I feed the scorpion that does not require high maintenance?

4. How often do I moisten the enclosure/can I use a spray bottle?

5. Is this type of scorpion aggressive/are there any specific handling instructions?

Thanks in advance.
1. 5 to 10 gallon. Several inches of moist substrate for burrowing. Hide. Water dish.

2. Only if the room temperature is below 74F or so.

3. Crickets, meal worms, roaches. Feed one prey item per week or every other week.

4. As long as the substrate is moist it's fine. It's best to pour water directly onto the substrate which it will seep into and moisten all layers.

5. Don't handle.