Hatchling millies?

Lain

Arachnopeon
Howdy friends! As I was cleaning I noticed a bunch of these little white things, about the speed of a springtail and a bit bigger....I am hoping they are hatchling Scarlets or bumblebees. Since I've never had hatchlings, I'm not exactly sure what they would look like. I cold only make out 6 legs, possibly 8 Any help would be awesome! (Sorry my camera is not good on micro things..)

20171207_182613-1.jpg 20171207_182319.jpg 20171207_181823.jpg

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those look more like springtails to me. My ivories had baby pedelings and they look pretty much just like the adults, only smaller - and every bit as slow.

Lain

Arachnopeon
Good to know about your ivories, thats helpful. Im pretty sure they are not springtails, they dont jump and no "tail". I was doubting pedeling as to how fast they move, but hopeful :)

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I looked closer and I do see the body parts now. So I agree, not millies! Sorry, I don’t think they look like millies anymore.

Last edited:

Lain

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the link...that is them for sure!!! Thank you all for the help!! I'm sad not to have little ones, but I still got my fingers crossed that one day soon I will :)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Howdy friends! As I was cleaning I noticed a bunch of these little white things, about the speed of a springtail and a bit bigger....I am hoping they are hatchling Scarlets or bumblebees. Since I've never had hatchlings, I'm not exactly sure what they would look like. I cold only make out 6 legs, possibly 8 Any help would be awesome! (Sorry my camera is not good on micro things..)

View attachment 259794 View attachment 259795 View attachment 259796
These look a lot like Folsomia candida, a species of springtail I raise, though I can’t be certain on the ID. The good news is, happy scarlets and bumblebees are almost certain to produce offspring eventually. Mine do all the time. You will recognize the babies easily, as they are coiled a bit like the letter ‘C’ when they are very young.