Has anyone ever encountered a C. lividus specimen?

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
I was just curious to know if anyone has encountered a Cyriopagopus lividus first hand. I've heard they're notoriously difficult to obtain reliably (i.e. in good shape and without problems), and I was thinking about perhaps getting one.

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
You heard wrong...relatively inexpensive and available.
I knew they used to be abundant in the pet trade, but I'd heard something about them becoming restricted on count of embargo or something like that. (Due to the fact that it's an Asian native.) I just thought I'd ask, as it's been a while since I've been able to consider keeping again. But thanks for the information.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I knew they used to be abundant in the pet trade, but I'd heard something about them becoming restricted on count of embargo or something like that. (Due to the fact that it's an Asian native.)
The only (baddy) thing that can happen is those kind of T's that, by the millions, ends in a Wok or grilled, or in a skewer or else, ah ah :)

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
The only (baddy) thing that can happen is those kind of T's that, by the millions, ends in a Wok or grilled, or in a skewer or else, ah ah :)
you ARE kidding, RIGHT? I've heard the rurmor that they eat T's, but I've never managed to find a reliable first-hand source on that tid bit. :-D (then again- they eat dogs over there, so It wouldn't surprise me.) However, I think I just puked in my mouth thinking about it.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
you ARE kidding, RIGHT?
Me, kidding?

The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. I rebuke you Satan. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus. I rebuke you Satan.

THE BLOOD OF JESUS. THE BLOOD OF JESUS etc :angelic:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
you ARE kidding, RIGHT? I've heard the rurmor that they eat T's, but I've never managed to find a reliable first-hand source on that tid bit. :-D (then again- they eat dogs over there, so It wouldn't surprise me.) However, I think I just puked in my mouth thinking about it.
No, aside for jokes. Yeah, in certain Asian nations of the South East, yuk, they eat T's, 'pedes and else. But not on a complete, total daily or else basis like Western people imagine.

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
Interesting. And it makes sense. That explains why you don't hear of all too many of Asians visiting Australia, Plausibly because they're likely to try to pick up and eat a member of the genus Atrax , Mistaking it as a T.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Interesting. And it makes sense. That explains why you don't hear of all too many of Asians visiting Australia, Plausibly because they're likely to try to pick up and eat a member of the genus Atrax , Mistaking it as a T.
Muahahahah :angelic:

Well, actually there's a lot of Australians of Asian heritage but high five, that made me laugh man :)

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Wow, you haven't been around in the hobby recently, huh.

Check Swifts inverts, Jamie's tarantulas, ken the bug guy. And of course the ads on here. You can get good deals that way.

Slings shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks.

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
Wow, you haven't been around in the hobby recently, huh.

Check Swifts inverts, Jamie's tarantulas, ken the bug guy. And of course the ads on here. You can get good deals that way.

Slings shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks.
I never managed to get in hard core because of the fact that I don't have the private space at the moment to deal with it, as everyone around me has an issue with spiders- being the reason I had to liquidate to the zoo when I moved.