Genus Harpactira

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
And what a pleasure it is!
And you may note that all are out and about, all of tonight. The largest female does not burrow anymore. She webs up the corners and chills in them. I made an epic pre-made burrow in each enclosure and they are ignored :rolleyes:

boina

Lady of the mites
And you may note that all are out and about, all of tonight. The largest female does not burrow anymore. She webs up the corners and chills in them. I made an epic pre-made burrow in each enclosure and they are ignored :rolleyes:
Great species! Looks great, and behaves even greater :happy:.

aphono

Arachnobaron
@KezyGLA Because of you and your pictures, I've become very interested in the Harpactiras. A dream of mine is to someday have Harpactira namaquensis. Gorgeous species. But that dictator is really beautiful too...

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@KezyGLA Because of you and your pictures, I've become very interested in the Harpactiras. A dream of mine is to someday have Harpactira namaquensis. Gorgeous species. But that dictator is really beautiful too...
2 fantastic species. Though my heart will always be with namaquensis. But it is a diverse genus and there is a favourite for everone :D. I hope you manage to get some one day :)

aphono

Arachnobaron
2 fantastic species. Though my heart will always be with namaquensis. But it is a diverse genus and there is a favourite for everone :D. I hope you manage to get some one day :)
I hope to! They(the genus as whole) don't seem to be very available over here, so far only seeing pulchripes for sale. Handsome species for sure but I don't get as excited about these. Are they a good introduction to Harpactiras?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I hope to! They(the genus as whole) don't seem to be very available over here, so far only seeing pulchripes for sale. Handsome species for sure but I don't get as excited about these. Are they a good introduction to Harpactiras?
Yes they are a good introduction to the genus and they are great to keep

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Harpactira pulchripes
Sub-Adult Female

FB_IMG_1505977206364.jpg

FB_IMG_1506039941184.jpg

Last edited:

RevS

Arachnopeon
Half a Year ago i got H.pulchripes as my first old world and I must say that I'm falling in love with this genus more and more.

The thing is - a local breeder recently listed a species I didn't hear of before and research left me with but one picture from UK.

I guess this is the right place to ask this as I didn't find anything on those forums either:

Harpactira sp. "Black" does anyone have it? I'd love to get some pictures and see for sure what it looks like. What's the difference between it and H. sp. "Golden black"? One thing I found was a claim the two species look similar.

The only other information I've found so far is that the species is quite new to the hobby - with a claim of "second successful breeding in Europe" supposedly happening in 2019.