Harpactira Pulchripes about to molt?

Fangit

Arachnopeon
Guys, my Golden Leg Baboon hasn't eaten in weeks and seems to be defensive of any crickets I put in. Even choosing to threat pose them versus eat them. And as you can see its abdomen is VERY swollen. Fingers crossed but would that be a sign of a pending molt? Thanks.

Attachments

Nebs Tarantulas

Arachnosquire
Guys, my Golden Leg Baboon hasn't eaten in weeks and seems to be defensive of any crickets I put in. Even choosing to threat pose them versus eat them. And as you can see its abdomen is VERY swollen. Fingers crossed but would that be a sign of a pending molt? Thanks.
Whoa! A very chunky girl, my guess is either premolt or she may just have enough booty to pass any meals, as in not hungry

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
From that pic can't say for certain - as mentioned, it could just be full. When the abdomen starts to darken and get shiny, then you'll know a molt is coming relatively soon.

Fangit

Arachnopeon
She hasn't eaten in probably a month or more. Seems frightened or just pissed off at the crickets. And that booty is BIG lol. She's about 2.5 inches spread out right now. I just keep her dish filled and hope for the best.

Fangit

Arachnopeon
I was feeding 1-2 max crickets a week. Then she just stopped eating. Her abdomen got a lot bigger and she started threat posing the crickets. Now she just hangs out webbing up everything every now and then.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I was feeding 1-2 max crickets a week. Then she just stopped eating. Her abdomen got a lot bigger and she started threat posing the crickets. Now she just hangs out webbing up everything every now and then.
Sounds like it's in premolt. Sometimes it can take weeks or months for them to actually molt once they get to that stage, so just be patient.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It will molt when it’s ready to, likely not before that. Until then wait!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She hasn't eaten in probably a month or more. Seems frightened or just pissed off at the crickets. And that booty is BIG lol. She's about 2.5 inches spread out right now. I just keep her dish filled and hope for the best.
Oh yeah for trash compactor species, refusing food is a huge sign of premolt. Happening with my LP right now actually. And your spider has a dump truck, she's gonna gain some size!

Fangit

Arachnopeon
Well that makes me feel better. She's definitely mopey. Still webbing a bit though. Can't wait until it happens!

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Honestly keeping tarantulas has taught me they do whatever they want whenever they want. No need to worry. I have a sling H. Pulchripes. Hadn’t ate in a month. Then out of the blue started eating again. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Looks like it would be in premolt as it just looks very dark. Hasn’t molted since I got it back in October. Not worried though.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Honestly keeping tarantulas has taught me they do whatever they want whenever they want. No need to worry. I have a sling H. Pulchripes. Hadn’t ate in a month. Then out of the blue started eating again. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Looks like it would be in premolt as it just looks very dark. Hasn’t molted since I got it back in October. Not worried though.
I think mine is doing exactly this. Looks like it should molt, hasn't yet. Might start eating soon. Ridiculous animals, but I still love them.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
I think mine is doing exactly this. Looks like it should molt, hasn't yet. Might start eating soon. Ridiculous animals, but I still love them.
They make me impatient tbh. Ahahaha, but their colors when they molt and sizes makes up for it so I forgive them. 🤣

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I've learned I can't feed my 2"ish juvis more than 1 cricket per 10-14 days or they chunk out right now. Assume that's the slower metabolism of the season.