Hardiest Tarantula?

charm271

Arachnosquire
Which species in your opinion is the hardiest tarantula, something you basically have to step on to kill?

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Which species in your opinion is the hardiest tarantula, something you basically have to step on to kill?
GBB's slings and adults alike. They seem to be hardy with or without water and at any temp I have exposed them to.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
G pulchra for the win, IME!! My three are the only ones that survived a heater malfunction a year or so ago, except for a couple of others that I gave away shortly afterward. They (G pulchra three) are still doing great to this day. Scottie, my mature female just molted again on March 6th and is now around 7 inches- becoming a veritable beast!! The strange thing about it is that, although her food consumption hadn't been increased, this the second molt for her within several months. I'm still scratching my head on that one...................

T

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
It's pretty tough to kill an OBT...just saying. ;)

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
OBT you just about have to try to kill to kill it. G rosea are easy, as are many of the arid species, especially adults. Anything that needs only dry substrate, a hide and a waterdish. Those things are easy to provide :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OBT or L. parahybana IME.... also, rosies... the female rosie i have (rescued from an acquaintance) came to me in HORRIBLE conditions... i hate her sometimes, but im happy to take in a t ANYTIME

Vespula

Arachnodemon
The Grammostola and the Aphonopelma are pretty tough. They're hardy as they get.

NeXus1

Arachnopeon
My vote is going to A. chalcodes. in the wild they live in the desert with lows at 10f and highs of 115f! in captivity they like to fill their waterbowl with dirt to dry it out. Thats one tough T!

kwacky

Arachnosquire
Second the Aphonopelma chalcodes. Mine seemed to be bomb proof. Nothing seemed to stress her out, even when someone moved her tank and left it in direct sunlight. Mine lived for about 20 years. RIP "Bimbo" :)

seacowst

Arachnosquire
g.rosea are hard to kill they can survive anything for some reason but i gusse a rock is like that irl lol