Happy T Momma

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just had to say, the little scrofa (Percy) I brought home from the N-TEC X-mas party on 12/15 FINALLY decided to eat today...for the first time!!! I sat patiently while kiddo crept up to a small crix that died on me while I was feeding everyone else. (Can't get it much fresher than that. LOL.)

I think Percy has a toe fetish, as that is where it has started the meal, on the "toes" of a rear leg.

Anyway, it is always a relief when you know they have full bellies.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Woohoo!!!
Are paraphysa and euathlus slow-growers like grammostola? I think many of them come from Chile, so I was just curious.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Woohoo!!!
Are paraphysa and euathlus slow-growers like grammostola? I think many of them come from Chile, so I was just curious.

yep, they are indeed slow growers. i'd say most of the euathlus and paraphysa that we have in our hobby are chilean sp. come to think of it, i can't think of any that *aren't* chilean, even the ones that aren't in our hobby... maybe someone can shed more light on this for us?

and grammostola-- many of the ones IN the hobby are chilean, but there are VERY many that live in uruguay/paraguay/argentina/etc. that we still don't have in our hobby

Dan​

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was starting to get just a tiny bit concerned, cause my 1 1/8" female is a fantastic eater (except, of course, when pre-molt), always getting her food w/in seconds of it being in the tank. I checked today, and Percy easily ate 1/2 of the cricket. Booty is much fuller!!