Happy, plus a little bit of sad

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Got new babies today :D

Ordered 2 Psalmopeous cambridgei and one Pterinochilus murinus TCF. Ended up receiving 3 of the Psalmo's. They're not listed on the store's stock list any more so I guess he only had 3 left and decided to send me all of them. Unfortunately one of them was DOA :( I don't know why, it looked fine. But it was on top of the tissue against the plastic, instead of inside all the tissue like it should have been, so maybe it just got knocked about too much.

So that's kind of sad but at least I still got everything I ordered (and paid for)

P. murinus

P. cambridgei

Not the easiest Ts to get pics of. The Psalmo's are really quick! I am totally falling in love with arboreal spiders, the way they move is awesome :)

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sry to hear...

That sux that you lost a freebie:8o :?

Trinadad Chevrons are pretty sweet... I had a very large 7+ girl that I sold off about a yr ago. Kinda regret it now since I'm trying to get in to breeding.

I bought her with a large suntiger and she was much nicer and never got moody with me compared to the suntiger... I guess that is why they have "tiger" in their common name?

They look lovely and should grow quick!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well I've already had some excitement with these guys. Popped the lid of one of the Psalmo's to feed it. It was fine when I opened the lid but the instant I put the tongs inside its pot it freaked and shot out of the vial and all over my hands. Took me a good 2 minutes to get it back in, every time I got it into the pot it just ran straight back out again, nearly went up my sleeve once which would not have been fun, lol. After having all Brachypelma and Grammastola species for ages, arboreal spiders are pretty exciting {D

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL. Yeah it is pretty hard to get me excited anymore... but I remember how fast the slings can be, we had some back in Manhattan at the KSU Bug Zoo when I worked there.

I think I'm gonna try holding my togo starburst... that might get the heart rate up! It has not been defensive at all but it is super fast for it size... and it just looks mean:evil: