Happy day !

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:) My 7 year old who used to be afraid of my T.s would now like one of her own. She said she wanted a female and that she wanted to pick it out.So on line we went to look at some pics . After looking at a lot of photos she kept coming back to Brachypelma boehmei. Kids got good taste ! Anyone got one for sale ? {D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's usually quite a few in FS/T here. Generally speaking, you can get a 1" for $35, 2" for about $45-$60, and 3" are generally $90+. If you want anything bigger than that you're looking to spend well over $100, especially for a female. I think a 2" would probably be a good way to go because by that point they're starting to show adult coloration and can take larger food items. However, you usually won't find a guaranteed female of that size. If you look hard enough, though, you might. Good luck!
BTW, I have one, and NO YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!! :D

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's usually quite a few in FS/T here. Generally speaking, you can get a 1" for $35, 2" for about $45-$60, and 3" are generally $90+. If you want anything bigger than that you're looking to spend well over $100, especially for a female. I think a 2" would probably be a good way to go because by that point they're starting to show adult coloration and can take larger food items. However, you usually won't find a guaranteed female of that size. If you look hard enough, though, you might. Good luck!
BTW, I have one, and NO YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!! :D
Thanks for the info, I am currently on the trail of a 2 inch female for 80.00. I am presently working out the details with the seller. :)

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for 2 inch u should ask him for 60-75 shipped... 80 is a little high...;)

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for 2 inch u should ask him for 60-75 shipped... 80 is a little high...;)
If it was unsexed I would agree...but if the seller is sure it's a female, it's not a terrible deal. I would see if I could weasel them down a little more, though. :p Doesn't hurt to try! Just be warned also: (in case no one else mentioned this) they do like to flick hairs at the slightest provocation so handling isn't really recommended. Not sure if your girl is wanting to cuddle with it or not, but I wouldn't suggest it with a boehmei.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it was unsexed I would agree...but if the seller is sure it's a female, it's not a terrible deal. I would see if I could weasel them down a little more, though. :p Doesn't hurt to try! Just be warned also: (in case no one else mentioned this) they do like to flick hairs at the slightest provocation so handling isn't really recommended. Not sure if your girl is wanting to cuddle with it or not, but I wouldn't suggest it with a boehmei.
I have heard that they are hair flickers. In fact I have 3 other brachys already and the only one that does not flick hairs is the B. Albop..
As far as handling is concerned I rarely handle any of my T.s and my daughter is not the least bit interested in holding one right now.
As far as the price, that is the best I could find for a guaranteed female with a guarantee for winter shipping. With that in mind I don't mind paying a little more.

Last edited:

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
man ..you're a great dad...i got mine son 2 G.pulchra and he loved it..then he ask me ..can i get a king baboon?? and i go freak...;)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most boehmei that I've ever heard of are horrible hair flickers, my own included. It is possible that if you get your daughter a female it may settle down after a number of years once its older and gets bigger.
I can tell you that B. albopilosum's do. I have a big female in her teen years who is quite calm and nice, and a younger female that is a little b@#ch. She will rush us if we bother her. She reacts the same way to being checked on as some of my baboons.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She certainly does have good taste!

*Has she seen the G.aureostriatas yet? They would be an excellent choice for a "hold it" T.
We've raised several to adulthood and NO one ever flicks hairs....very slow moving, colorful, tolerant. Definitely our favorite to handle out of all of our collection.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She certainly does have good taste!

*Has she seen the G.aureostriatas yet? They would be an excellent choice for a "hold it" T.
We've raised several to adulthood and NO one ever flicks hairs....very slow moving, colorful, tolerant. Definitely our favorite to handle out of all of our collection.
She sure has, I have a 4.5 inch female G. Aureo. that is very easy to handle,as well as a mellow 5 inch rosea.
I also have a good size B. Emilia which is currenty her favorite of the 14 T.s I presently own. She wanted something similar to that to call her own.
Right now she is not the least bit interested in handling. I am just thrilled that she has taken enough interest to want one of her own.She used to be afraid of them and would hardley go near them.
Short of a Balfouri I would have gotten her darn near anything ! :D

Last edited: