Hapolopelma Lividum Help!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It may be the screen lid that is responsible for the damaged leg. They can get their tarsal claws stuck in them. I would replace that fast. :)

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Your enclosure is head and shoulders above what we usually see on here for first-time owners. You clearly did a little research :) Just be careful with this species. They're quite defensive, generally speaking.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
7 inches of sub, slightly larger water dish, a small stsrter burrow about 2 inches deep, and drilled plexiglass beneath the lid. How long does it generally take before they start to burrow?

Attachments

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
7 inches of sub, slightly larger water dish, a small stsrter burrow about 2 inches deep, and drilled plexiglass beneath the lid. How long does it generally take before they start to burrow?
Great job! :D

It could start burrowing tonight, next week, or next month. I rehoused two subadult females about four months ago, and neither has done anything beyond heavily webbing the starter burrow I gave them. However, I fully expect to wake up one morning to mounds of excavated dirt in their enclosures.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire

It could start burrowing tonight, next week, or next month. I rehoused two subadult females about four months ago, and neither has done anything beyond heavily webbing the starter burrow I gave them. However, I fully expect to wake up one morning to mounds of excavated dirt in their enclosures.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire

I have an Aphonopelma seemani that will make a burrow all the way to the bottom of 8 inch substrate in one night. She's adorable.