Haplopelma Lividum

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everybody,

I just got home from a big reptile market that is organised every year here in Holland. I was looking for some spiders that where high on my wish list, but I never expected to find one of the most desired spiders on my wish list... Haplopelma Lividum, the guy at the marketstand used this particular female(yeah, I'm sooooo happy with the certainty that it's a female)as a show spider to let people see what the spiderlings, who where sitting right next to my girl's little box, would look when they grew up... I was absolutely hyped when I heared that he would sell the spider to me... So of course I took the offer... And boy... she is soooo beautiful, her blue coloration is really nice to see. She is in good shape, and moves like the wind. I wanted to put her in her new enclosure, but it was very hard... They seem so calm... but when I moved the little plastic box she was in, she immediatly went for one of the corners with a huge speed...
But then the work wasn't over... I decided to start a little burrow for her, but she was already in the tank... Well, I tried to place the little plastic box over her... but before I knew it... she had climbed on top of the plastic box and climbed out of the enclosure..
Then my hart skipped a beat.. I have never been so nervous in recapturing a spider... But this was a very tricky job... She was on the edge of the tank and I quickly put a big box over her.... then she became very annoyed... She started to probe every hole to find an escape route.. But I quickly covered all exit's... Then I blew very gently in one of the holes but she didn't move...then a blew a little bit harder and she landed perfectly on the coco-peat... then I quickly close the enclosure because she had already started to climb the walls again... and because of the big layer of coco-peat she is very close to the lid... so that was really exciting.... :D
I have never experienced such a fast, and smart attempt to escape before...
But then again this is the famous Cobalt Blue;) Now she is safely in her enclosure and is discovering her new home... I really really love this spider, I've always wanted one, and now I have one and what a specimen!

So far my little adventure with Haplopelma Lividum;)

With regards,

Joey

Last edited:

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats my friend. They really are buautiful T. I just wish you saw them more. Mine come out at like 2 in the morning other than that I never see mine. And you're right , they are fast as lightening and not scared of you at all.
Mick

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I my HL hasn't continued the little beginning of a burrow that I made, so I can still see her. She has already eaten her first crick here, I really got a kick out of that speed! I'm grabbing the chance to see more of her, now she is still out in the open... They are beauties that's for sure:)

Regards,

Joey

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had one. i miss her :( she died for no reson that i could think off.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cool T , i have one and i like it very much too~ it havent started burrowing though.. and it really FAST

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am waiting for tarcan to get some 1" h.lividums in stock, then i will have another one. Or two, or three

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ever considered a "cobalt rainbow"? LOL

**Its just a joke, no offense**

Attachments

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL

What a beautiful "cobalt rainbow"! How much You did she cost? :D :D :D