Haplopelma Bach Ma

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
was wondering if anybody knows anything about this t FIRST HAND...just another pet hole? im doing my research on it now and hoping to hear some good opinions and warnings from all of you.... looks alot like a brown pokie to me , just with a stockier body

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
fossorial= burrowing/pet hole? Definitely am willing to look past that for a t that looks like this one does. Why are Haplopelma such good lookin ts, yet not known for being a "display" t

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
poor people eat them in asia.. they gotta surivive by hiding...:cry:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
damn ultum.... even if thats true, couldn't you have worded that statement different?

---------- Post added 12-23-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

thank ALL of you though for your help/thoughts so far. Do any of you OWN one of these

---------- Post added 12-23-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

thank ALL of you though for your help/thoughts so far. Do any of you OWN one of these

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Some Guy called Earth Tiger said theres one .. Huge 8-9 haplo that dosnt hide ..or burrow much
H. schmdti .. is the spider... he said ONLY buy captive bread.. WC ones are Very hard to care for!!! & almost always die unless fed Centepedes.. & weird stuff
hope it helps you out

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
I don't think they really resemble a pokie... just the marking on the abdomen are sorta similar

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think they really resemble a pokie... just the marking on the abdomen are sorta similar
Yup. One is clearly an arboreal and the other is not.

Also, they're not considered good display spiders because they aren't, unless you consider a hole in the ground a good display.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Great species, and yes it has fossorial habits.
Do any of you OWN one of these
I've raised one, from sling to mature adult, even got a loaner male to mate her (no sac though). Just as Hatr3d stated, very typical for the genus, as well as most fossorials. I'd see mine out and about very frequently for a time, then I wouldn't see it for a time...

Bill

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Great looking spider, Bill.

I think it's funny that people don't want burrowers because they rarely see them, while my Poecilotheria females would be bought up in a day if I posted them for sale even though they hide as much as any obligate burrower.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter

I think it's funny that people don't want burrowers because they rarely see them, while my Poecilotheria females would be bought up in a day if I posted them for sale even though they hide as much as any obligate burrower.
Yeah my female p striata hides on her bark were she is not visible I see her every night roaming Around maybe she's hungry. Any old world t can be a pet hole

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer

i hear that j........ my MALE pokie (regalis) is almost garaunteed to be hiding from about 2 weeks POST molt and on..... my FEMALE (regalis), on the other hand is 50/50 on hiding.

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some Guy called Earth Tiger said theres one .. Huge 8-9 haplo that dosnt hide ..or burrow much
H. schmdti .. is the spider... he said ONLY buy captive bread.. WC ones are Very hard to care for!!! & almost always die unless fed Centepedes.. & weird stuff
hope it helps you out
I don't have any 1st hand experience on Haplopelma Bach Ma though. WC ones cannot adapt well and some would choose to starve to death, but WC H. lividum and H. minax rarely have this issue. My communications with you concerned only H. schmidti and H. huwena, and cannot apply to all Haplopelma species.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
I don't have any 1st hand experience on Haplopelma Bach Ma though. WC ones cannot adapt well and some would choose to starve to death, but WC H. lividum and H. minax rarely have this issue. My communications with you concerned only H. schmidti and H. huwena, and cannot apply to all Haplopelma species.
I would like to know where this "Ultum4Spiderz" guy gets his information from. He's either a Theraphosidae Whisperer or a know it all.

I've seen several of his posts and I felt the need to bring this up. I know others will agree, the clutter created by replies to his posts are starting to get obnoxious.

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would like to know where this "Ultum4Spiderz" guy gets his information from. He's either a Theraphosidae Whisperer or a know it all.

I've seen several of his posts and I felt the need to bring this up. I know others will agree, the clutter created by replies to his posts are starting to get obnoxious.
Well Ultum is rather active in this forum and different people have their own ways of conveying their ideas, which I don't generally comment on.

For me I am pretty simple. There are fraudulent sellers out there and they hurt not only their buyers but also the tarantulas and this hobby. They deserve every hatred from us, but because stories about these sellers were posted in a sub forum that very few people like to visit, you won't see any clutter created by replies to these posts. On the other hand Ultum is very active in the most popular sub forums here, he gets bashed for some of his less accurate posts because everyone is reading these sub forums.

I would like to ask, one defrauds his buyers by shipping nothing or some injured spiders, and one is a T Whisperer whose posts are somewhat exaggerated and less than accurate. Who deserves to be bashed? I am pretty simple, all my hatreds go to the fraudulent seller. I have a few friends in real life who talk like Ultum but they are nonetheless good guys. As long as you expect they talk like this way, there is nothing that can really hurt you.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
Well Ultum is rather active in this forum and different people have their own ways of conveying their ideas, which I don't generally comment on.

For me I am pretty simple. There are fraudulent sellers out there and they hurt not only their buyers but also the tarantulas and this hobby. They deserve every hatred from us, but because stories about these sellers were posted in a sub forum that very few people like to visit, you won't see any clutter created by replies to these posts. On the other hand Ultum is very active in the most popular sub forums here, he gets bashed for some of his less accurate posts because everyone is reading these sub forums.

I would like to ask, one defrauds his buyers by shipping nothing or some injured spiders, and one is a T Whisperer whose posts are somewhat exaggerated and less than accurate. Who deserves to be bashed? I am pretty simple, all my hatreds go to the fraudulent seller. I have a few friends in real life who talk like Ultum but they are nonetheless good guys. As long as you expect they talk like this way, there is nothing that can really hurt you.
by all means, I encourage others to spread knowledge and even being a long time T owner, I love learning myself! I just find it obnoxious to see a reply without a reference point. That is really all I am going to say about that. Carry on!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haplopelma sp."Bach Ma" is a very large and beautiful tarantula that belongs to the "Haplopelma schmidti" group.These can reach quite impressive sizes just like Haplopelma hainanum and schmidti.
They are found in Eastern Vietam and the name "Bach Ma" refers to Bach Ma national park where they were originally collected to my knowledge.These spiders are still pretty rare in captivity and have only been captive bred once here in the USA and only a small handful of times in Europe.Myself and a couple other hobbyists tried captive breeding this species a couple years back and unfortunately all are females perished after mating.I'm raising a large group of them right now so hopefully down the road I will get it right next time!
Also I say this all the time on the forum but seriously just cause a tarantula burrows does not make it a pet hole lol!!If only people would take some time to research the proper husbandry for these animals they might find out a way to keep them and actually see them all the time :sarcasm:
Anyways they are very cool spiders and without a doubt one of my favorites in my collection :D

-Chris

Last edited: