Haplocosmia nepalensis

manwithaplan

Arachnopeon
hey guys has any1 had any experiences with --Haplocosmia nepalensis ive not seen them before any wondered if you could give me an idea on what there like

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Does anyone have info on this spider H. Nepalensis? I know they are fossorial and adults are about 3-4" I think (found conflicting numbers). As for care, deep slightly moistened substrate and a water dish?

boina

Lady of the mites
They may burrow and/or web, a bit like Chilobrachys, and they need moisture. They are also one of the few tarantulas that do better at slightly colder temps, at around 70 or so, give or take a few degrees. Mine is on the lowest shelf, where it can get down to 65F in winter and doing very well.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do not own this species, but apparently Katmandu, where they occur, isn't extremely humid, so they should do fine even if it dries out a bit more. More interestingly you can apparently find them within brick walls in the city. So they seem to be very adaptable when it comes to habitat choice.

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it! Another question, would this be an alright T as a first old world?

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it! Another question, would this be an alright T as a first old world?
If they're anything like Haplocosmia himalayana I don't see why not if you're careful about it, they burrow a lot but may web. As long as you respect the T and know it can be fast, and has decently potent venom you'll be fine.

boina

Lady of the mites
They are very fast and very skittish. Rehousing is not easy. You have to dig a highly pissed off, very fast OW out of a burrow. If it gets annoyed enough it will come charging out... There are definitely easier OW species around.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry for bumping an old thread! But how large do those get? A friend is selling slings of this speicies for 10 bucks!

MiCks023

Arachnopeon
Bumping, i received a 0.1 H. nepalensis and she has around 2,5-3 cm BL and this morning i found that she made a sack..
Is this normal around that size?
IMG_20190622_093105.jpg
IMG_20190622_093118.jpg IMG_20190605_124856_460.jpg