1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haplocosmia nepalensis

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by manwithaplan, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Advertisement
    hey guys has any1 had any experiences with --Haplocosmia nepalensis ive not seen them before any wondered if you could give me an idea on what there like

2. Ashbosh

Ashbosh Arachnopeon

i'd also like any help with these

3. Does anyone have info on this spider H. Nepalensis? I know they are fossorial and adults are about 3-4" I think (found conflicting numbers). As for care, deep slightly moistened substrate and a water dish?

4. Also is it new or old world?

5. No sure if anyone saw this when AB was acting up.

6. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

OW species from asia, heavy webber...keep on deep moist sub.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    They may burrow and/or web, a bit like Chilobrachys, and they need moisture. They are also one of the few tarantulas that do better at slightly colder temps, at around 70 or so, give or take a few degrees. Mine is on the lowest shelf, where it can get down to 65F in winter and doing very well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JanPhilip

JanPhilip Arachnoknight Old Timer

I do not own this species, but apparently Katmandu, where they occur, isn't extremely humid, so they should do fine even if it dries out a bit more. More interestingly you can apparently find them within brick walls in the city. So they seem to be very adaptable when it comes to habitat choice.
    [​IMG]

9. Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it! Another question, would this be an alright T as a first old world?

10. Scarabyte

Scarabyte Arachnosquire

USA
    If they're anything like Haplocosmia himalayana I don't see why not if you're careful about it, they burrow a lot but may web. As long as you respect the T and know it can be fast, and has decently potent venom you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    They are very fast and very skittish. Rehousing is not easy. You have to dig a highly pissed off, very fast OW out of a burrow. If it gets annoyed enough it will come charging out... There are definitely easier OW species around.

• Like Like x 1