Handling Ts

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Just my 2 cents worth, I won't ever handle my T's not only because I don't want to be bitten but because I KNOW I would react by flinging the spider across the room. Everybody loses. I once almost tossed a very large harmless darkling beetle just because it latched onto my finger pretty hard and it startled me. It seems to me that removing a spider from it's home just disorients it, no reason to unless there's a problem or rehousing.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
I guess I've had a run of luck there, as until now I hadn't seen one that didn't have rather spectacular markings, which from my understanding is what makes C. lividus a particularly desirable species.
Hmmm, ive never seen them as a particularly desirable species. Just another pet hole IMO.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
F94141E2-D0EF-48DC-9EB5-8AC02C25D6C5.jpeg 83694F7B-7186-43CB-AEA2-AE1AFA8EB774.jpeg
Interesting, as that almost looks dark as compared to the one I had- the blues in her were quite florecent. Unfortunately I don't have a pic as my computer got fried and replaced since then, but interesting, indeed. Would have expected a brighter blue, but that is definately a nice looking C. lividus.
Here’s better ones of the same T :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This couldn't be further from the truth.
Angel, what facts do you have that support your statement? Depending upon the context of your thoughts you would be accurate, depending upon the context of others' thoughts you are definitely wrong.

Without providing information, such a statement is extremely misleading.

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
That actually shows closer to the coloration I'm talking about as to the proximal end of the legs. All of the ones I've ever come across have had that deeper blue rather uniform in the legs, where as your gets a little lighter towards the distal portion of the legs. That said, I think she's rather attractive.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Angel, what facts do you have that support your statement?
Who needs facts when 'you' can partake in a race for gain an helluva* (*cold blood ™) of 'Disagree' ratings in one blow?

Life isn't a popularity contest* (*viper69 ™) at the end.

Ah ah :troll:

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There are flying arboreal species? :eek:
I want one! :smug:
:kiss:
You already own those, ah ah :angelic:

Ain't joking, back then I saw a Psalmopoeus cambridgei, a not even 1,5 cm sling freshly arrived after more than a 15 days (15 days!) inside a parcel, literally 'jumping' and kinda 'parachute' himself to the floor from a more than 150 cm high furniture.

When he landed, he started (obviously) to walk away in no time until I catch cupped that little varmint :)

Needless to say, the same very thing would had killed an adult 'grammo/brachy' etc

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
That actually shows closer to the coloration I'm talking about as to the proximal end of the legs. All of the ones I've ever come across have had that deeper blue rather uniform in the legs, where as your gets a little lighter towards the distal portion of the legs. That said, I think she's rather attractive.
Yeah She’s awesome and thank you my friend... I don’t want to open up another can of worms but she was sold to me as (WC) adult female so maybe she is a little darker than most of the captive bred sp out there...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Who needs facts when 'you' can partake in a race for gain an helluva* (*cold blood ™) of 'Disagree' ratings in one blow?

Life isn't a popularity contest* (*viper69 ™) at the end.

Ah ah :troll:
I'm not sure what you mean?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm not sure what you mean?
Ah ah... just joking. He (Angel) with one statement, earned 9 'Disagree' ratings.

I've learned "helluva" from cold blood, he loved to use that, before :angelic:

If I'm not wrong you said, once, something like "... life isn't a popularity match/battle" (or something).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah ah... just joking. He (Angel) with one statement, earned 9 'Disagree' ratings.

I've learned "helluva" from cold blood, he loved to use that, before :angelic:

If I'm not wrong you said, once, something like "... life isn't a popularity match/battle" (or something).
I did, and it isn't.

He didn't provide any facts, so his statement is merely opinion. With many new people reading the forum, he is providing "information" that is potentially erroneous/misleading without context. That's just irresponsible.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Haha @coldblood what is there to dislike in that post? Fair enough, you’re cruel to fish, why not spooders?