Handling my sling (Over coming my fear!)

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
Okay, so I wanted to just share a moment of my life with you guys.
Remember my sling I got last night, the Bolivian Dwarf Beauty. When I was moving her to her new enclosure, (a lab urine sample bottle) she crawled out and over my hand. Before this, I had been deathly afraid of spiders crawling me. But, she felt like a tiny eight-legged velcro puppy.

So, I'm so proud.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Thats pretty cool, glad to hear you are less fearful. Also velcro puppy is now my favorite word for tarantula.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I admit, when I first got my G. pulchripes as a 1/4 inch sling, I let it wander across my hand for a minute. That will be the last time I handle, unless something unexpectedly jumps on me during a rehouse.

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I haven't handled Regina yet. I've touched her, but she's been too small for me to pick up, but she molted last week so maybe when I rehouse her in a few weeks I'll see if she's big enough to pick up. And disclaimer, im just gonna have her walk over my fingers in her enclosure. I'm not gonna pick my hand up. And a few months ago I found this little guy crawling on my arm. Jumping spiders love exploring because they have good eyesight. If you put your hand in front of them they'll jump right on.

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
Oh, I could have mentioned. I've had jumping spiders on me. Love those guys, but for me, for some reason I don't consider them spiders. They're more like cats with 8 legs.