1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handling a Tarantula (aka chat room grenade!)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by TeddyBearTarantula, Jun 11, 2018.

1. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Advertisement
    You are killing me here, hilarious!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I’m not entirely sure about this. There are different levels of arachnophobia. I was so bad that I was actually having recurrent nightmares about being chased by a big black shiny tarantula that looked a bit like a trapdoor spider and I’d feel sick if they were near me, but I could still capture them with a glass and piece of cardboard. I had to know they were gone from the room or I couldn’t sleep at night. That’s what made me start watching spider videos on YouTube and essentially got me into T’s. I still have a healthy fear of true spiders or plastic spiders as I call them. A proper spindly Daddy longlegs was crawling down my arm last week when I was sat in bed and I went mental, I jumped out of bed so fast and got my feet stuck in the sheets, I nearly gave myself a concussion from from tripping and falling.

Practically every youtuber handles their T’s at the exact same time as saying ‘I don’t usually handle my T’s!’

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  3. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, there are those claiming arachnophobia and those actually suffering from it...most are in that first grouping.

I recall someone saying there was a spider in my hair and instantly I started making little girl at a haunted house noises and pulling clumps of hair right out of my skull....actual phobia can and generally is, debilitating....no one actually suffering would actually even be able to see a t, much less one out of the cage...its something that generally takes a considerable amount of time, effort and most of all, desire to over come.
    And aside from a handful of quality, informed you tubers, most are complete idiots that should be ignored at all costs. In general, you tube is a how to, of what not to do with tarantulas.

• Agree Agree x 1