1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by andrewpzb, Jun 10, 2012.

1. andrewpzb

andrewpzb Arachnopeon

what do you think the most handable tarantula there is
  2. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

My female A. avicularia.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Harvard Fairway

Harvard Fairway Arachnopeon

My Brachypelma emilia who just passed away this week was my most docile T, Loved to be held.
  4. Ahmet29992

Ahmet29992 Arachnopeon

My Grammostola pulchripes is like a toy, it's very docile. Not to locusts and crickets, though.
    I hope you're not one of the two, or else.....
  5. Scoolman

Scoolman Arachnolord

Each tarantula is an individual, thus will have individual temperaments as well. With that in mind some of the more docile terrestrial species tend to be G. pulchra, G. pulchripes, E. campestrtus, B. albopilosum, and I am sure there are quite a few others out there.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Phlerr

Phlerr Arachnoknight

My thoughts exactly but if I had to pick one of those as the MOST docile and handable, Id say the B albo would be your best bet.
  7. Formerphobe

Formerphobe Arachnoking Arachnosupporter

VA, USA
    The most handleable tarantula is the one that allows handling without flight, bite or flick. Even those in the 'docile' species are individual in that regard.
  8. apophysis

apophysis Arachnopeon

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
  9. freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi Arachnoprince

So Fla
    of my t's, i would say my chilean flame is the most docile by far. she loves being held.
  10. invictus

invictus Arachnopeon

G. pulchra by far.

I'm a little concerned about people who claim their T's "love" to be held; you should look up the word "anthropomorphism". Your Ts don't "love" anything. They are tolerant of being held, and maybe enjoy your body heat. That's about it.

That said, I'm getting both P.ultramarinus and a chilean flame with the order I have coming, so it is really good to hear that people have had pleasant experiences interacting with them. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Scoolman

Scoolman Arachnolord

Exactly. I have a G pulchra that is all bite.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

Id say my G. rosea as she tends to just sit, then walks slowely.. My B. vagans is more entertaining because he walks faster and is basically a toy
  13. Shay

Shay Arachnopeon

my A metallica.
  14. Reptileplantguy

Reptileplantguy Arachnopeon

Since when do tarantulas love to be held?????? :( :FAIL:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

obviously.. most of the Brachypelma sp. belong to that category lol
  16. SamuraiSid

SamuraiSid Arachnodemon

In regards to the OP, I agree with whoever provided the most vague answer (ie. depends on the individual, etc) ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  17. emc37

emc37 Arachnopeon

The T with the fewest bite reports seems to be the pink toes (Avic. avic.): http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?54498-Avicularia-avicularia

Also, the bites seem to happen when people hand-feed crickets and the T then confuses a finger for food, or when the T is unbalanced and is trying to hang on/keep from falling off by using a fang. Personally, I've never seen an avic avic that wasn't docile :D
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Zeph

Zeph Arachnosquire

Dwarf Chile Flame - also very slow & small!
  19. Ludedor24

Ludedor24 Arachnobaron

a. avics by far, they may roam around some but I think my cat is more grumpy than any of my avics lol
  20. Phlerr

Phlerr Arachnoknight

I love that sp. I've been wantin at least 1 maybe 2 for a while now. I think that velvety black color is gorgeous.