Hadogenes troglodytes pic

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I finally picked up a few of these guys. I got a mix of larger and smaller specimens. This is one of the larger ones. I've been looking for these for a while.

Botar

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful specimen! Do you plan on breeding?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what sex did you pick up Charlie? the adult female I had died soon after popping out only four babies (the babies are still alive). I still have a large adult male. I wanted to get another adult female but there were none at the sacramento reptile show this last weekend.
Ed

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd love to breed them, but I don't really know much about them. I don't believe they are adults. I saw one at the ATS conference that was much larger. Is there a way to determine maturity other than an educated guess based on size? Sorry Ed, I haven't sexed any of them yet. Just got them in earlier today. (I guess that is yesterday now)

Botar

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great pic of a good-looking scorp, Botar.

Bry

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Adults are 6-8" in length(H.troglodytes). They like it relatively dry and have many hides made from flatish rocks stably piled on top of one another. Provide a shallow water dish where the young won't drown. And keep the humidity slightly higher for juvies..more mosting...around 2x lightly-moderate per week. Males usually have longer metasomas and pedipalps while the metasomas of the females are downright stubby with shorter pedipalps. The length of the metasoma IMO is by far the easiest sexually dimorphic feature in this species.

John
];')

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I'd love to breed them, but I don't really know much about them. I don't believe they are adults. I saw one at the ATS conference that was much larger. Is there a way to determine maturity other than an educated guess based on size? Sorry Ed, I haven't sexed any of them yet. Just got them in earlier today. (I guess that is yesterday now)

Botar
did you see Mike "Troll's" big male "pinchy" at the conference? I had that male for several months and it co-habited with my female.
Ed

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
did you see Mike "Troll's" big male "pinchy" at the conference? I had that male for several months and it co-habited with my female.
Ed
That was exactly why I wanted this species. That was an incredible scorp.

Botar

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, sounds like a pretty impressive scorp. Did either of you get (or already have) pics of him?

Botar, Are you going to be at the expo this weekend? I'm glad they finally sent them.

-Matt

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MM,

I've got a couple of good pics of "Pinchy" and yes, I'll be at the show.

Botar