H. trogs not interested in each other?

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both the male and the female have eaten recently. The female is a little smaller than the male in body length. She is well fed. I put them together and got nothing. They seemed to not even know each other was there. The temp is about 83 degrees F. I just now turned off the light. I will be able to see them with a night time infrared scope. Should i just let them stay together in the same place or will one of them be dead soon? I put an upside down bottle cap and a rock for the male to place his sperm btw. Please advise

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just checked with my handy scope and they are at either end of the cage, should i shark tank the male overnight? What are signs of interest?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the female is alot smaller than the male she may not be mature yet.

darrelldlc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi, can you post pics of the female for us to see? thanks
Darrell.

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brian S said:
If the female is alot smaller than the male she may not be mature yet.
I'm with Brian. I believe the female of this species should be even slightly larger than the male. But naturally only if they are both mature. A picture would certainly help with the determination. And some sort of size reference (coin, etc.) would be helpful.:)

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okies i just got some pics:
Female

Female

Male

Both of them

Last edited:

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your female looks a little small to me. Maybe she has a molt to go before maturity? Well keep us updated.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i will wait for another molt. Do male scorps have a time countdown before they die after reaching maturity like tarantulas do?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope, Males will live just as long as the females do.