H.Swammerdami Substrate question

strongice

Arachnopeon
Hi i am an owner of 2 communal 1" H.swammerdami and would just like to know if it would be okay for me to use sand as a substrate for them and if ever yes what would be their source of water. any feedback would be much appreciated thank you.

Olsin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi i am an owner of 2 communal 1" H.swammerdami and would just like to know if it would be okay for me to use sand as a substrate for them
Absolutely not! ..Use damp cocofiber or similar. Search for Asian forest scorpion care or simply search for Pandinus imperator care...Your scorps can be kept exactly the same way. Incidentally, if i was you i'd split those 2 up until they were adult...At only 1 inch they have plenty of growing to do yet and you risk one eating the other after moult.

Regards.
Den.

Oh yeh, water source ... That would be a small bottle top or similar with small pebbles in and water..The pebbles create small pools within the bottle cap for your scorps to drink from and eliminates the risk of your scorps drowning in the water.

Last edited:

Olsin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Er, thanks for your appreciation :? .. Just let us know if you have any more questions and i'm sure we'll drop everything and run to answer them...

Zack wolf

Arachnopeon
I have a question that someone with more experience can help with. I found some H. Swammerdami. I was wondering if it's legal to get them from overseas from Asia to USA.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
I have a question that someone with more experience can help with. I found some H. Swammerdami. I was wondering if it's legal to get them from overseas from Asia to USA.
Definitely not legal. Lol. And it's hot and they would likely die in transit

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not unless you have an import/export permit or at least convince USFWS that the shipment is for "personal use." Even if you do the latter, you still need to declare the shipment, pay inspection fees, and pick it up at a designated point of entry.

Zack wolf

Arachnopeon
I was just asking here because I knew I'd get the correct answer. Granted I'll be sad that their are none here in the USA, but I'll get over it with a new tarantula.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I was just asking here because I knew I'd get the correct answer. Granted I'll be sad that their are none here in the USA, but I'll get over it with a new tarantula.

Yeah, too many negative experience variables that it's not worth the risk... some day a US dealer will have them... some day.

dekaghost

Arachnopeon
I am from Asia, too. Do you know where to find them? I am from Vietnam.