H. pulchripes ventral shots

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone have ventral shots of their Harpactira pulchripes (sexed)?
Mine is confusing me, and I can't get a good molt from it.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I've got workin' hands. When I was younger, my mom wanted me to be a hand model. HAH! Now I have lizard hands. All that time working in dirt and water has taken a toll. ;)

I got her in a catch cup and was intending to take a picture through it, but she wasn't cooperating. ***In my experience*** this species is pretty placid, particularly for an OW. She just hunkers down and pretends nothing is happening for the most part, so when I got fed up with trying to prod her into position without success, I just picked her up and took the picture.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Let the flaming commence... She's female.
Oh. My. God. I can't believe your holding a tarantula.......... upside down. What if she were to get vertigo and hurl on your shoes. Why does no one think of T vertigo? :astonished:

Last edited:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I've got workin' hands. When I was younger, my mom wanted me to be a hand model. HAH! Now I have lizard hands. All that time working in dirt and water has taken a toll. ;)

I got her in a catch cup and was intending to take a picture through it, but she wasn't cooperating. ***In my experience*** this species is pretty placid, particularly for an OW. She just hunkers down and pretends nothing is happening for the most part, so when I got fed up with trying to prod her into position without success, I just picked her up and took the picture.
How big is she? You planning on trying to find her a boyfriend and breed? I'm actually getting a H. pulchripes sling tomorrow. :D

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
How big is she? You planning on trying to find her a boyfriend and breed? I'm actually getting a H. pulchripes sling tomorrow. :D
3-3.5" or so. She's not ready yet, but I would definitely like to breed her when she is. I've got another young one, as yet unsexed but definitely sexable, that's around 1.5" and then 3 more about 3/4". If you end up with a male, you know where to find me. ;)

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, everyone. I'll check mine out when I rehouse it today. Looks like the epigastric furrow is obvious enough to see at 3 inches. Mine is maybe 2.5 inches.