H. Maculata sling care

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You should get a P. muticus. Sure they're probably the most defensive tarantula of all time, but they're slow. They don't teleport around the room. If threatened, they'll stand right where they are and not move. Apparently they're a great first old world.
Sure :)

Why I love your description and I don't disagree, don't underestimate never that they can bit of speed if they wants nor the fact that when they're 'Berserk' first they strike then hiss then rinse and repeat for 15 minutes.

When I moved my baby she "semi jumped" a good 5 cm trying to bite my paintbrush in a cumbersome, goofy yet brutal way :pompous:

With that said, once they settle they are angels :kiss:

Chuckmater

Arachnopeon
As my Greek great-grandmother who lived to be 102 always said: "You learn to dance on the dance floor"...meaning that you learn to deal with an H. Mac... by having an H. Mac. Life is short; you don't really know if you'll live another 6 months, so IMO, get em all! Having said that....getting an S. Calceatum or an H. Mac as a first T could very well be the reason you don't live another 6 months...HAHAH! Jk, not really, but you get the idea ;)

itsTHATguy

Arachnopeon
An OBT (orange bitey thing) for a first ow? That's like buying a child a rocket launcher instead of a BB gun. XD

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Alright, so I looked up this thread for H Mac sling care since I am waiting for the weather to warm up before receiving my four specimens. But I am totally going to listen to the gurus here and cancel that order... thanks for sharing! I'll go for some avics instead.

cold blood

Staff member
Alright, so I looked up this thread for H Mac sling care since I am waiting for the weather to warm up before receiving my four specimens. But I am totally going to listen to the gurus here and cancel that order... thanks for sharing! I'll go for some avics instead.
Avics are so much cooler anyway. IMO, you made a great call.:)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Try T. gigas.. If you can handle the speed of those you're good to go. ;) Also T. gigas' venom wont mess you up as badly as H. mac's would.