H. machulata or P. sazimai?

Retsnom778

Arachnopeon
I have the chance to buy an H. maculata and/or a P. sazimai. The seller is asking $50 for each, and I believe that both are mature females. Is this a fair price, and which in your opinion would be the better choice? Are there any pros and cons with either species and their behaviors? I've been doing research on both species, but I still can't decide.

TyjTheMighty

Arachnosquire
If the P. sazimai is female, $50 is practically a steal! Either way, slings go for about that much so I would definitely go with that one ^_^ I've yet to buy an H mac but I believe that they're typically pretty cheap.

cold blood

Staff member
That's a good price for a sazimai.

H. macs are virtually worthless by comparison.....no brainer here.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
The market is pretty much flooded with H. Macs at this point. I've seen 5 and 6 inch specimens selling for 20 bucks at expos, so you could probably find one cheaper than that if you really wanted one. I vote firmly for the P. sazimai

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Go for the sazami, You'd be paying $50 for some webbing and a container of dirt that supposedly has a spider in it somewhere but no one believes you because H. macs are invisible 360 days of the year.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I have the chance to buy an H. maculata and/or a P. sazimai. The seller is asking $50 for each, and I believe that both are mature females. Is this a fair price, and which in your opinion would be the better choice? Are there any pros and cons with either species and their behaviors? I've been doing research on both species, but I still can't decide.
There seems to be some real price discrepancies for P sazimai from area and area and country to country, likely due to their relative newness to the hobby, the press they received a few years ago, and the colouring. But at $50 in U.S. currency that seems to be an absolute steal in any country for a sexed female. I'd grab it and run before someone realizes....

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
50$ if female, is a steal. They can go for that much as a sling. Variability in the hue of blue, and red. Could be due to any number of things.

H. mac- dime a dozen, but pretty. Of course they are OW, fast, venom isn't weak. Not a species I recommend for new owners, or even as entry level OW!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Personally I would buy, hands down, a female of H.maculata everyday.

H.maculata
are insanely fast, loaded with a powerful venom, high strung, 0.1 are (IMO) beautiful. All features I seek in spiders.

On the other hand, we have the P.sazimai, just a differently coloured somewhat 'pet rock'.

There is absolutely no comparison, for me.
Problem is that I would never pay $50 for a 0.1 H.maculata, that's an insane price.

Retsnom778

Arachnopeon
Based on everyones replies(and my absolute love for blue Ts), I would have gone with the P.sazimai, however; the seller has not returned my calls so I am afraid I lost out on that beautiful T and that sweet deal:(