1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H. lividum/C. lividus pictures?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by MES, May 14, 2019.

1. MES

MES Arachnosquire

Utah
    Advertisement
    Hello!
    I have had a juvenile H. lividum/C. lividum (sorry, not quite sure if the new name is confirmed yet or what haha) for a while now and it just molted yesterday! I noticed some bluish coloring on its legs, and I'm wondering, do you guys have any pictures of mature/fully colored individuals? I know females are much more vibrant than males, but for some reason I can't seem to find a good picture when I look it up. I'm not sure if the pictures are doctored or just not the same species, but they all seem to be inconsistent. If you have any pictures of your cobalts, I'd love to see them!
    Thanks!

2. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachno-Edge-God Arachnosupporter

Cyriopagopus lividus*

• Like Like x 1
  4. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

The move from Haplopelma to Cyriopagopus was called into question in a more recent paper (Hauke, 2017 -- there is English within the article even though it's mainly German), so there are definitely conflicting recent publications.

But, based on World Spider Catalog you are correct and C. lividus is the accepted name at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachno-Edge-God Arachnosupporter

As far as I'm concerned, until it's changed on the WSC it is C. lividus

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

I tend to agree, but it definitely doesn't help a somewhat confusing situation.

7. MES

MES Arachnosquire

Utah
    Thanks for the replies! I, for some reason, didn't know the gallery was searchable lol, I'll look there. And it sounds like it's C. lividus now, so thanks for that info!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    No worries. The forums can take a hot minute to get accustomed to navigating - when I first visited the site, I couldn't figure out how to access the sub forums and kept getting lost in the gallery, as little sense as that makes. :hilarious:

9. EulersK

EulersK Arachnonomicon Staff Member

As has been said, the search tool is powerful ;) But here is my adult female, taken the day I got her from someone too scared to deal with her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1

10. Here’s my former lividus Sapphire, first picture is when I bought her and the second is 6 years afterwards

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

C.lividus 1.jpg
    C. lividus 4.jpg

C. lividus 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3