H. hercules? And other missing from hobby

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Wonder if H. hercules still is still existence I hope so ?? AnY proof of this species??
. It was similar to T stirmi size, and one of bigger old worlds. Shame so many wars in Africa none could be collected for hobbyists.

Many more mystic mythological Ts are still out there!!
Any Ts that are new or coming to hobby within next few years?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Selenocosminae sp Biru is coming. Few people have them and are breeding.

Would LOVE some H Hercules. But they're basically just a marketing tactic right now.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
hysterocrates ederi
Bioko Is. Equatorial Guinea

They used to be in the hobby, when I got back in I last year I couldn't find any for sale. I've seen some articles claiming these are the same as H. gigas or even H. hercules, but in the photos I've seen of them they appear darker, almost black.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, good luck finding one. I don't know if exist a more 'mythologized' Theraphosidae like H.hercules. I love also the fact that, often, no one (at least here in Europe) consider for a moment how much that genus was messed during time due to amateurs 'Franken-Breeders'.

Isn't Hysterocrates but Mess' o-rocrates.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Tons of H gigas were sold as Hercules when I joined the hobby. Like 15+ years ago . Many claimed they had Hercules in Europe when I tried to research this species .
My first G rosea I got in pet shops, rest all online.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I suspect that any Hysterocrates currently being sold as "hercules" are just hybridized hysteros that cant be properly ID'd. Sad that vendors are doing this, and reputable ones too. This is my female "H.hercules" that was bought roughly two years ago as a sling. She has thickened back legs, but looks nothing like my sp. Cameroon female. I think sticking to WC specimens is wise with this genus, who knows what your getting if not.

Same spider post molt.

Killertut

Arachnosquire
Question:
When you are talking about how messed up the Hysterocrates genus ist, are you talking about the hobby as a whole or only north america?
is it any more likely that situation in europe is better or worse?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Question:
When you are talking about how messed up the Hysterocrates genus ist, are you talking about the hobby as a whole or only north america?
Most likely the same.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Question:
hobby as a whole, and more then just H Hercules . Tho it’s a mythical mystic unknown

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There’s a line of H. “gigas” in Germany that was wild caught, and has been propagated for about 10 years with no hybridization. Hysterocrates expert D. Sherwood thinks these are most likely true gigas. But whatever they are, they are not hybridized. Arachnoiden imported some of these. I raised a male and bred him back into the line, now have some of the slings. So there are some non hybridized Hysterocrates around.
8314C5ED-C5C0-4C1F-A774-4F64105A0506.jpeg

Paul Osullivan

Arachnosquire
Wonder if H. hercules still is still existence I hope so ?? AnY proof of this species??
. It was similar to T stirmi size, and one of bigger old worlds. Shame so many wars in Africa none could be collected for hobbyists.

Many more mystic mythological Ts are still out there!!
Any Ts that are new or coming to hobby within next few years?
Hmm.. you might find my recent "goliath baboon" post in the "tarantula I.d" section really quite interesting indeed..

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hmm.. you might find my recent "goliath baboon" post in the "tarantula I.d" section really quite interesting indeed..
Anymore rumors of h Hercules ?? Or any other baboon that gets as large that’s In the hobby and affordable ?