H. gigas eggsac question

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey everyone its been a long time. im working part time at teh local petshop again and they have a female H. gigas that has had a sac for around 30 days. my question is how long before i should remove it? i did a few quick searces and couldnt find anything. i was thinking maybe at around the 40 day mark but i dont want to open it too early.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whats the temp in there?

if its warm close to 80, it should be eggs with legs by now from what ive read, then you can artificially incubate them. you could leave the eggsac with the mom but she could eat it or she may not.

i guess its a WC? if it's a fertile eggsac, then slings should be all 100% natural pure bred, very goooood.

i hope you get more replies from breeders

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes its WC, the temp is probably around 75-80, and surprisingly ebough she hasnt ate it yet, but im gonna take it this weekend just to be safe. im dreading it the only thing i have sucessfuly bred were rosehairs. and getting the sac from them was hard. i can only imagine what this will be like.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey John,
Hows it going? You may not remember me but I was at your house last Winter with Botar.
Anyway to answer your Q, it should be ready to be pulled now.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yes its WC, the temp is probably around 75-80, and surprisingly ebough she hasnt ate it yet, but im gonna take it this weekend just to be safe. im dreading it the only thing i have sucessfuly bred were rosehairs. and getting the sac from them was hard. i can only imagine what this will be like.
Want to know a little trick that makes taking the eggsac easy? Throw in a mouse around the size of the sack while you are pulling. Works everytime for me :D

T.S.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
really? i was worried that the mouse would trigger her to eat the sac she is in a very small cage a medium size kritter keeper actually.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All I would say is Watch your fingers, But the mouse Idea has worked for me as well...As long as she's big enough to take it ya shouldnt have any issues :)

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
No first hand experience here but I have read that Hysterocrates are known to be exceptionally good mothers. They are much less likely to eat the sac or slings than other species, you could try just leaving her with it.

Bill

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well considering she has been "on display" where customers have been picking up the cage and all. she hasnt ate the sac. the sac is a bit on the small side maybe a little bigger than a quarter in diameter. im not sure on how big the eggs are but im guessing that if they are close to rosea size there are 40 or so eggs. anyway ill let you know what happens

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well if its on display like that id pull it and incubate it yourself so u can control the temps better.also if u decide to sell the slings mabey label them hystocrates sp. and see if u can find any locality data for where its from.could not really be h.gigas

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i pulled the sac today. it was very easy I tried the mouse trick and it worked like a charm. total it looks like i have around 150-200 eggs and about 40% are eggs with legs, 20% are still eggs but you can see the developing spiders inside, the other 20 % are just eggs with little black dots that look like eyes. ill keep you all posted on what happens.

GoliathTaylor

Arachnopeon
You are a very lucky person to have a bunch of baby spiders. My pet wolfspider [which is not a tarantula], named Fuzzy, has a sac, too, and if my spider's eggs are viable, they should hatch soon. Wish you luck!