H. cyaneus refusing to eat

UserKnotFound

Arachnopeon
was hoping for some advice, ive had my scorpion for about a month now and she has yet to take any food offered with the variety offer being mealworms, supers, medium locusts, fresh molted hissing roaches and she has refused them all.

Knowing full well they will happily go a few months without food in some species however it appears to be a adolescent/juvenile animal with some sheds left till being mature and didnt want to risk loosing it to loss of condition.

I guess mainly what im asking is should i leave her for a month and see if she sheds or just keep offering once a week?

pigbloodpond

Arachnopeon
Many inverts can go months without eating, scorpions are no exception. I have a friend who's emperor didn't take a meal for roughly 7 months before taking a dubia like nothing happened. If nothing else seems wrong with it I wouldn't sweat it too much, but I know how stressful it can be when you adolescent decides its going to go on a 5 month fast.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Many inverts can go months without eating, scorpions are no exception. I have a friend who's emperor didn't take a meal for roughly 7 months before taking a dubia like nothing happened. If nothing else seems wrong with it I wouldn't sweat it too much, but I know how stressful it can be when you adolescent decides its going to go on a 5 month fast.
The record to date for a scorpion not eating is 18 months. Just leave the scorpion to settle completely it may be coming up for a shed so it won't eat anyway. Leave well alone and offer food in a couple of weeks. If wild caught it may even be a pregnant female.

Last edited: